The Geotechnical Senior Project Manager is responsible of improving and developing the geotechnical business line capacity including the planning and implementation of the various activities within the business line. The successful candidate is expected to implement the long-term growth strategy which consists of integrating the various services within the geotechnical business line, implementation of the business growth plan, as well as the training and coaching of personnel. The successful candidate is also expected to ensure that the Project Managers within the geotechnical business line team are provided with technical, commercial, and leadership support throughout the execution of the geotechnical contracts.
• Direct and manage all aspects of project development on key large projects, particularly oil & gas clients, from enquiry to delivery and close-out.
• Preparation of project execution plans, method statements, schedules, QHSE plans and risk assessments to address stringent Client HSE and technical requirements in line with Company procedures.
• Supervise and monitor project management team providing direction, support and assistance as necessary.
• Continuous communication and liaison with Clients, operations and laboratory departments, and other project stakeholders to ensure timely submission of deliverables and Client satisfaction.
• Collate, track and present project KPIs to maintain cost and contractual control at all times.
• Scheduling and allocation of equipment and resources in line with specific project requirements.
• Assist in compilation of technical/commercial proposals where necessary
• Attending and conducting regular internal/external technical project meetings, kick-off meetings and safety sessions.
• Client negotiation
• Preparation of factual/interpretive geotechnical reports collaboration with Engineering department
• To implement and drive with Company s QHSSE policies and procedures.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
• Understanding of geotechnical investigations and previous experience in managing them is must.
• Keen Commercial awareness and contractual management experience.
• Knowledge of Project Management Areas project scope management, project time management, project cost management.
QHSSE ACCOUNTABILITES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Ensure that Fugro policies and procedures are understood, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Engineering degree, preferably Civil Engineering or technical qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering or Geology or related Earth Sciences.
• Minimum 15yrs+ professional experience in similar role including commercial, technical and practical project management experience in the geotechnical contracting industry.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment.
• Excellent verbal and written skills both internally and with Client (English is essential, other dialects may be advantageous)
Role Specific Behavioural Competencies
• Problem-solving/judgment : the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
• Teamwork : the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
• Information and communication : Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
• Client focus : the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
• Agility : the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
As the world s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our apply button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated .