The Sr. Project Manager will be able to manage the entire project implementation and its related budget from the embryonic stage to the post-opening assistance. He/she will be coordinating people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results and will be the go-to person for everything related to the project's organization and timeline. The Sr. Project Manager must also be proficient in producing, understanding and verifying technical drawings and be experienced with the local rules and regulations, making sure the project is realized as per Client's expectations and authorities' guidelines.
· Managing projects within the established scope, schedule and budget while meeting or surpassing standards of quality.
· Responsible for entire project management plan including scope, procurement, production, design, communication, cost, time, risk, project human resources, close out etc.
· Ensure health and safety measures are strictly followed at site.
· Represent company in all project meetings.
· Verifying the technical aspect of quotes received from vendors.
· Coordination between client, site, sub-contractors & suppliers.
· Negotiation of prices with subcontractors & suppliers and various project stakeholders.
· Checking of invoices from sub-contractors based on the work done at site.
· Plan and organize resources in advance for the assigned site by daily preparation of labor schedule.
· Quality control of work done at site.
· Enforce rules, regulations and procedures at site.
· Contact the respective regulatory authorities to inspect and comment on the completed fit-out works for the issuance of occupancy certificate.
· Observe the skills, attitude, attendance etc. of the workforce and rate them monthly to improve their performance at site.
· Close out and hand over project.
· Defend the company rights based on the contract clauses
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor in Engineering, Architecture or Interior Design.
· Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast project requirements.
· Able to work well within a team based environment.
· Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
· Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
· Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and program scheduling
· Strong experience in details of major tasks
· Knowledge of sequence of work, productivity of manpower, machine and tools required for every tasks.
· Strong knowledge in the unit rate cost for major items related to every tasks
· Strong knowledge of local authorities rules and regulations
· IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, Working knowledge of Autocad.
· 10 years experience in Project Management, Fit-Outs environment
· Minimum of 5 years experience in construction management of interior fit-out projects
· Strong technical awareness of commercial and retail interior fit-out.
· Good experience in contractual communication with consultant, clients and sub contractors.
Skills and Abilities
· Strong Leadership skills
· Ability to work very autonomously, structured and to deadlines
· Strong organizational and customer service skills
· Problem analysis and problem-solving
· Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
· Good judgment and analytical skills;
· Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks with a high level of organization;
· Communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing both internally and externally;
· Possess strong work & business ethics
Typical working hours are usually 8am-6pm with an hour lunch break, 6 days a week, but when deadlines approach they may be required to work much longer hours, including some weekend work. The Project Manager may be required to work additional hours to cope with the work load. The role of the Project Manager can often be quite stressful, especially while managing projects with tight deadlines. The Project Manager is expected to keep calm at all times and to work effectively under pressure.
Manager are also required to work on site, in a non-air-condition environment. The job may be performed both indoors and outdoors in a variety of settings including possible hazardous conditions on and around scaffolding or a construction site. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, and smoke may occur. Protective safety clothing is required including appropriate construction grade boots, gloves, hardhat, goggles, pants, and shirt are required. Activities include extended periods of standing or kneeling and extensive work with masonry tools, measuring devices, and machinery.
The Sr. Project Manager must be reasonably fit. The job requires the Project Manager to travel between sites, to walk on site extensively and have endurance. He might be required to use his arms to assist the workers, or lift heavy loads.