The Survey Senior Project Manager is responsible of improving and developing the survey business line capacity including the planning and implementation of the various activities within the business line. The successful candidate is expected to implement the long-term growth strategy which consists of integrating the various services within the survey business line, implementation of the business growth plan, as well as the training and coaching of personnel. The successful candidate is also expected to ensure that the Project Managers within the survey business line team are provided with technical, commercial, and leadership support throughout the execution of the survey contracts.
• Manage technical aspects of field and/or office based survey projects in close liaison with Survey Manager.
• Manage technical and procedural activities that are or can be defined as or within a project .
• Develop and implement project required procedures in order to professionally and efficiently conduct a survey project.
• Develop, implement, maintain and apply a quality control system that guarantees the highest achievable standard of products and services.
• Manage the production of final deliverables as per Fugro Standard and Client s specification.
• Maintain an organised archive of project and relevant survey data.
• Play a pro-active role in establishing new business relationships and maintain a close working relationship with clients.
• Provide and allocate technical expertise and professional advice to external clients or prospect clients if and when required.
• Provide technical advice and input and allocate technical expertise to answer or solve survey related questions or problems within the division.
• Participate in contract required, technical or project related meetings, internally and externally.
• Periodically provide temporarily cover for field senior surveyors (base load and call-off) when work load or circumstances require so.
• Conduct site visits in a pre-tender or post-award stage.
• Provide cover for the Survey Manager during his absence.
• Provide assistance and support in the development of tenders, proposals and quotations.
QHSSE Accountabilities And Responsibilities
• Ensure that Fugro policies and procedures are understood, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Qualification : BSc. or higher in Geomatics or Surveying or survey related education with sufficient associated experience. Minimum 15yrs+ professional experience in similar role including commercial, technical and practical project management experience in the geotechnical contracting industry.
• Delivery focused : Ability to deliver the work with all stakeholders (internally and externally) to a defined project goal within the set boundaries.
• Planning & organizing : Able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
• Teamwork : dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
• Technical Survey Knowledge : Experience in different geomatics solutions, equipment and procedures.
• Language Skills : Excellent verbal and written skills both internally and with Client (English is essential, other dialects may be advantageous).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
• Knowledge of Project Management Areas project scope management, project time management, project cost management.
• Industry specific management knowledge lifecycle management, product development methodologies.
• Able to solve critical problems that require major technological advances and extensive development.
• Direct team members or individuals assisting on projects. Mentor performance excellence and adherence to quality standards.
• Develop the survey services strategy in adherence with consulting business line objectives and Fugro corporate strategy (Client focus, Delivery Excellence and Innovation)
• Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements. Maintain meaningful involvement in professional organizations.
Role Specific Behavioural Competencies
• Information & Communication : Ability to receive information from, and convey information to others, in a timely and clear manner, using appropriate language, and communication tools.
• Operational Knowledge : Ability to understand, direct and supervise the operational execution of a project.
• Commercial Acumen : Ability to understand the commercial aspects throughout the project process and actively work together with the commercial department.
• Client focus : Ability to generate client satisfaction (internally and externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional business.
As the world s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our apply button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated .