We are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor.
The individual will be responsible for (but not limited to):
About the Role
Responsible for managing the commercial and contractual matters for one or multiple projects from inception to completion to maximize company’s profitability and protect the company against contracting/business risks.
• Attend the formal handover from Proposals and Estimating at the start of the project in accordance with ALEC’s Procedures.
• Establish the Tender Budget vs. Target Budget and associated procurement strategies to deliver the Supply Chain elements of the Project.
• Plan, Organize, and Manage the commercial team for the appointed project(s)
• Responsible for reviewing/updating and managing the commercial risks and opportunities for an awarded project
• Ensure that the relevant contract start up requirements including project start up forms are completed and provide contract update to Commercial Manager for distribution.
• Arrange project insurances in coordination with Commercial Manager. Submit insurance claim for all claimable incidents and coordinate with insurance broker for the claim.
• Arrange project guarantees in coordination with Finance Director.
• Provide guarantee requirements to subcontractors and ensure the receipt of subcontractor guarantees in accordance with the required wording. Provide the original subcontractor guarantee to Commercial Manager.
• Develop subcontractor tender document and provide special conditions to PQS for including nominated subcontractor tender documents.
• Coordinate with PQS and Commercial Manager for signing ALEC FITOUT/Client contract document and provide the original signed contract document to Commercial Manager.
• Issue notification for potential claims for delays, loss and expenses to PQS. Review and forward notification for potential claims for delays, loss and expenses from subcontractor to PQS (where applicable)
• Compile and submit detailed Delay/disruption claims (Time and Cost) to PQS as required.
• Compile and submit Variation orders (Change Management) to Client
• Verify Site asset register and forward to project director quarterly / annually.
• Establish the time line for progress invoicing and subcontractors invoicing, ensuring maximum cash flow benefits.
• Verify, approve and submit the monthly progress invoices to the client before the cut-off date. Follow up with PQS, if the payment is not received on due date.
• Review the estimated final contract value and submit to PQS Monthly.
• Select and finalize the subcontractor after evaluating prequalification, completing adjudication, negotiation and pre award meeting.
• Review and approve the subcontractor’s payment application for the progress of work.
• Ensure that all cost reports are prepared, issued and presented in accordance with the procedure and time lines required.
• Liaise with other Departments at all meetings relevant to project operations and ensure that the cost plans are updated to reflect latest information
• Establish and update the Procurement Schedule and manage the overall procurement
• Review and Approve monthly time sheets.
• Arrange Letter of credit as per the requirements, coordinating with Finance Director.
• On contract completion forward Taking over/Defects Liability/Performance certificates and signed account (main contract) to Commercial Manager for safekeeping, and Retention, performance and advance payment guarantees to Finance Director for cancellation.
• Ensure ALEC FITOUT is held in the highest regard in terms of Company Image
• Provide the Commercial Manager with all details of potential contra charge and set off against the suppliers/subcontractors
• Lead, motivate, train and develop Commercial team.
• Create harmonious working environment, train, mentor and motivate all team members to perform efficiently
• To be responsible of the human resources management of his business unit (training, assessment in liaison with the People & Culture department)
• Full responsibility for the Quantity Surveying team, including supervising the activities in terms of both productivity and the technical adequacy of the project commercial department.