Senior R&D Operations Associate MENA Hygiene
Want to see designs that make a difference? As an employee with RB, you ll have the freedom to make your designs stand out.
Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
Joining the team behind leading brands that reach millions, you ll help bring our next generation of packaging to life. You ll come up with new packaging concepts. You ll take consumer, technology and product insights and create innovative designs. You ll have original ideas and make our products stand out. And you ll get to see the results in stores and homes worldwide.
You ll succeed because
you re evangelical about great design. You re qualified in Industrial Design or similar and possibly worked in design consultancy. A creative problem solver, you ve a collaborative approach to technical challenges. You know thermoforming, paper pulp, injection moulding, blow moulding and other material forming technologies. You re skilled with 2D and 3D design software. Critically, you re also a team player, so others buy into your ideas.
You ll love it because
you ll get to make an impact like never before. The products you help us get out there will make people s lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
The R&D Operations is the R&D function responsible for products once they are launched on the market. The teams are based all around globe, working closely with R&D product development teams, supply, procurement, global/regional/local marketing & commercial teams in order to deliver projects to grow and protect the existing business in addition to increasing the profitability of our products through cost saving programs. In R&D we truly develop people by giving you responsibility as soon as you join the team. The job is dynamic and complex, and the challenges you will face will give you the possibility to develop quickly, laying a strong foundation for your future career.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assume leadership for R&D projects in relevant categories, ensuring the implementation at regional/local level by ensuring all required formulation, feasibility work, analysis, validation, stability testing, industrial trials and dossier preparation are performed on time and to the required internal and external standards and market conditions
• Implement global product initiatives with R&D Product Development and other R&D ME teams
• In key M&E site (s) of each category, assume TPL responsibility when project leadership is assigned, based on an agreement with R&D Product Development, preparing a project plan with timeline for all technical activities to be performed, work on formula development be the key contact for all stakeholders involved in the initiative, ensure IDB completion and allocation of resources to complete the tasks as per plan, keep a good track of the activities versus the plan, keep the key stakeholders informed about the progress and issues, manage changes to preserve the commitment.
• Collaborates with local commercial organizations in relation to consumer complaints and quality issues, competitor challenges and legal / regulatory inquiries concerning technical matters relating to products marketed within the region.
• Collaborates with Supply function regarding technology and product expertise, for production start-up, quality improvements and cost savings projects.
• Collaborate closely with Marketing organizations (local / regional) to provide technical expertise and required business support to evaluation (Portfolio Management) and execution of commercial initiatives and projects
• Manage a wide variety of projects across a number of different brands and technology platforms in compliance with regulatory requirement
• Evaluating project priorities (with PM function) and securing resources to support project delivery
• Self starting and independent working
• Maintain appropriate levels of communication with all RB upper management
Multi cultural leadership
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level (chemistry, pharmacy, chemical engineering or other relevant science) PhD or Masters
• Minimum 3 years of experience with a proven track record of successful delivery of technical projects in a FMCG company
• Proven project management, prioritization and problem-solving skills
• Proven experience with recruitment, management and development of people
• Strong formulation knowledge and understanding of chemical interactions
Proven track record in active collaboration with internal & external R&D and non-R&D functions
KEY SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATRIBUTES
• Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills to complete complex and high pressure projects
• Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
• Ability to identify and communicate risks
• Ability to manage, control and optimise budgets for teams and projects by planning, predicting and analysis of expenditure
• Ability to identify consumer unmet needs, understand motivations and behaviours by effective selection and implementation of consumer research methods. Translation of insights into actionable product measures, enabling the R&D team to design products for maximum success on shelf and in home
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.