Role and Responsibilities
For our team located at Abu Dhabi we are currently looking for a:
Senior RPA Instructor (m/f)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide instruction to include briefing, conducting simulator/training device events, debriefing and conducting a critique of the training event to include completing documentation of performance.
• Provide academic instruction in the classroom using appropriate lesson plans, approved media and method of teaching, audio visual support or electronic computer based-training equipment/media.
• Perform duties as a subject matter expert when/as required.
• Must occasionally perform ancillary job and contract related tasks to support instructional program, i.e. scheduling, standardization or flight safety tasks.
• Perform occasional travel in support of the project.
• Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
• Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Previous experience as an instructor pilot (Air Force Specialty Code K prefix) or with equal documentation supporting instructor pilot experience in a non-Air Force MQ-1/9 training program.
• 1,000 hours total pilot flying time (not including student pilot time) of which 100 hours are in the Primary Aircraft of Instruction (PAI) (not including other time); 500 hours total pilot flying time (not including Student pilot time) of which 200 hours are in the PAI (not including other time).
• Rated military pilot or holds a FAA Commercial Instrument Pilot rating. MQ-1 or MQ-9 pilot time counts toward fulfilling the 1,000/500 flying hour requirements.
• Must have previous academic and or simulator instructor experience in the aircrew position for which training will be conducted.
• Must meet specific educational and experience levels, including flight hours, instructor credentials and aircraft time as specified in the contract upon which employed.
• Previous formal program instructional development, academic platform instruction and performance evaluation experience is required.
• Meet job description requirements defined in SCA Directory of Occupations for Flight Simulator/Instructor (Pilot) although may fill other than a pilot aircrew position. Must understand security and safety guidelines applicable to the contract.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English as specified in the contract upon which employed.
• Must meet FAA license and/or UAE medical certificate requirements if specified in the contract.
• Pass and maintain an annual FAA Class 1 physical or the UAE Air Force equivalent. This requirement applies to flying instructors only. Academic and simulator only instructors do not required to pass Flight physical examinations.
• The contractor shall address how they will handle medical disqualification issues in their Flight Operations Procedures.
• Complete a Classroom Instructor Course, such as the USAF ACC Classroom Instructor Course, MAJCOM or other DoD Component equivalent, as determined by the TSME within six months of training as an instructor. Completion of the Air Combat Command Classroom Instructor Course or MAJCOM equivalent satisfies the CRI requirement. Attendance at this course, if required, is contractor funded.
• All instructor Pilot (IP) candidates shall meet AFM 11-1 Volume 1 Instructor Pilot Prerequisites prior to certification as a RQ-1E IP.
• IP candidates who do not meet the above prerequisites shall be allocated slots in an Initial Qualification Training (IQT) class by the UAE Flying Sq. Following IQT, candidates shall be provided flight time through normal Flying Sq scheduling practices to acquire required instructor upgrade status. Upon reaching the requisite experience level, candidates shall enter the Instructor Course and be fully certified at the successful completion of that training. Training availability may be limited as required to meet other AFAD requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Maintain flexible work schedule.
• Must be eligible for UAE Armed Forces Personal Security Clearance
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.