Coordinate, direct and monitor the cleaning operatives in their duties of dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming, cleaning walls, floors, furniture and fittings by use of manual and electrically powered tools and equipment. Effective instruction and management of Supervisors, Team Leaders, Cleaning Operatives to ensure delivery of the operation covering all required areas of the facility on a daily basis.
Regular visits in the project sites premises to monitor standards of cleanliness, established and implement ways to improve and meet the evolving domestic needs of the project sites.
Plan and deliver schedules for more specific needs such as a deep clean timetable fully utilizing quieter periods, pest control, high rise cleaning etc., and provision for special events.
Recruit (regular interview and selection processes supported by HR) induct and train new staff in accordance with company policies.
Provide training to new staff in relation to expected standards and quality of general cleaning, and Health and Safety requirements, particularly regarding the operation of equipment.
Produce accurate and well-planned Health and Safety risk assessments documenting safe systems of work for use throughout the facility by all staff.
Set and monitor appropriate performance objectives and standards for staff, conducting probation review and appraisals and dealing with staff discipline issues appropriately, through timely interviews and investigation, referring to the HR department for support.
Monitor working time, working with the Team Administrator to ensure that overtime and casual worker timesheets are completed correctly.
Obtain and use a good working knowledge of the department s time and attendance system in order to monitor this for all staff.
Monitor and manage staff absence and turnover, ensuring flexible cover can be arranged at short notice, and promoting good staff attendance at all times through appropriate absence management techniques including home visits, return-to-work meetings and appropriate interviewing and investigation of absence issues.
Maintain supplies of cleaning materials and equipment, keeping check of what will be required and placing orders to maintain stock levels.
In liaison with others including the Procurement & Logistics Manager and suppliers, test new products and equipment and obtain best value on purchases.
Oversee the servicing and maintenance of cleaning and laundry equipment.
Ensure staff maintain equipment that is clean and fit for purpose, e.g. cloths, dusters and mop heads, arranging for replacements as needed.
Manage, and seek out improved solutions for, any domestic services need that may arise, such as dry cleaning, or carpet and curtain cleaning.
Maintain awareness of, and work within, budgets for staff and equipment.
Communicate with staff at all levels appropriately, including having team briefings and passing on information and news to all staff.
Take and keep appropriate notes of discussions, meetings, and actions, in order to be able to review progress.
Provide assistance in terms of any housekeeping services during scheduled events or any special presentation.
Management of staff, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers
Monitor and review daily information on CAFM system
Prompt and courteous response to customer requests and complaints
Maintenance and update the management budget, equipment and materials usage
Successful completion of scheduled activities
Conduct regular service and systems audit producing a monthly report for the client
Guide and improve staff technical and management competency and be the lead for training of Housekeeping skills
Prepare site standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Generate, collate and submit reports (weekly and monthly)
Conduct and review station operation, emergency plan and contingency plan
Manage and control monthly budgetary spends and stock management of consumables/chemicals
Enforces and adopts safety measures among all staff and contractors
Assist in the Planning, coordinating and controlling of all operational activities in accordance with pre-arranged operating plans and programs
Assist in the Operational execution as per the Contract Documents and ensure that the Soft Service Department deliver the contractual requirements
• Bachelor s Degree
• A minimum of 10 years relevant management / supervisory experience in delivering soft facilities management services within a diverse and geographically spread property portfolio
• Area of expertise required:
. Understanding of Soft Facilities Management services within the Sector.
· Technical expertise in the field of facility and maintenance services.
· Experience of contract administration
· Knowledge of business planning at both strategic and operational levels.
· Knowledge of pre-planned maintenance services and the production of planned programmes of work.
· Extensive technical expertise, particularly in the management of cleaning services.
· Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation in relation to Facilities Management Services
· Significant experience in Facilities Management / landscape management
· Experience of delivering soft facilities management services.
· Experience of writing and presenting reports
· Experience of managing budgets effectively.
· Experience of forward planning and achieving targets Track record of delivering continuous improvement Experience of managing and supporting a team delivering facilities management services. Excellent telephone and personal contact manner. Diplomatic and ability to handle and control difficult situations.
· Highly proactive and self-motivated, capable of handling multiple tasks.
· Team player, good interpersonal skills for subordinates development, team building and conflict resolution.
· Good knowledge of preventive and predictive housekeeping & Janitorial maintenance principles and working procedures.
· Proficient with PC software s and able to write technical reports and procedures.
· Good command of oral and written English, Arabic is an advantage