All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
• Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
• Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
• Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
• Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
What You ll Do
In this role, you will work as a Senior Frontend Engineer within the Technology organization, building world-class internal and customer facing products to support Andela s business needs.
Our Andelan Senior Engineers are renowned for their technical prowess. They are admired and respected for the depth of their technical expertise.
Specifically, you ll:
• Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our partners around the world.
• Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively .
• Act as a role-model even in the most difficult and challenging situations , using constructive feedback, mentorship and universal respect.
What You ll Bring
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience , during which you ve built deep technical expertise and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
• Expert-level understanding in building modern Angular based Single Page Applications
• Extensive experience working with fundamental front-end languages/technologies, HTML, CSS, Sass (SCSS) framework
• Strong working knowledge in design and management of large scale, secure, cloud based software deployment environments
• Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
• Extensive experience with architecture and design principles , building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact
• Breadth of experience of unit / integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries
• Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
• Excellent soft skills that enable you to lead and empower your team, and deliver the highest value
• Mentorship experience that helps others in approaching and solving for ambiguous efforts
• Strong understanding of business practices, engineering process, and industry trends
• Expertise with the following specific tools:
• Google Cloud Platform
• Frontend UI component library, Angular Material
• Linting tools, ESLint
• Testing frameworks, Jasmine, Karma
• Containerization tools, Docker, Kubernetes
• Cloud based CI/CD tools, CircleCI, CodeClimate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.