As Senior Software Engineer, you will co-lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to real market business requirements in the healthcare industry. You will co-lead the software development team and work closely with the Software Architect, partners and stakeholders to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. This position reports to the Software Architect (Development Team Leader).
• Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
• Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
• Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
• Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
• Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
• Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
• Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
• Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
• Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities.
• Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification.
• Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
• Work with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency
• Bachelor s or Master s degree in computer science or related field.
• At least 6 years of experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server).
• At least 6 years of experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations (experience with any or all of the following required: .NET, Silverlight, WPF, WCF)
• At least 4 years experience in large designs and coordinating project teams preferably in the healthcare industry
• At least 3 years of UML experience
• At least 3 years of experience with software source control and version control
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Mastery of user interaction design skills
• Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems