United Arab Emirates
Senior Specialist, Petroleum Engineering
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we re bringing energy to life.
Company : ADNOC HQ
Job Title : Senior Specialist, Petroleum Engineering
Participate in technical review meetings on topics related to well testing, well optimization, artificial lift, well completion, and production technology in general. Participate in review of completion design and well operations related activities that directly impact ADNOC s short and long-term production targets and to achieve ADNOC s objectives in the areas of Technology Advancement, Building Technical Capability, Development and Implementation of Technical Standards using Industry Best Practices, and Knowledge Sharing.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Technical Standards and Industry Best Practices
• Review best international practices /methods and establish quality control procedures to enhance well work processes.
• Prepares technical standards and well completion procedures for reservoir management.
• Develop unified gas lift standards and operating procedures for ADNOC Group
• Develop and document standard workflows and processes for monitoring water flood and IOR programs to maximize value and capture learnings (eg., Well work Evaluation Tracking System).
• Facilitate introduction of strategic technologies that reduce cost, maximize rate and sustainable recovery, and improve work processes.
• Develop and maintain consistent petroleum engineering technical standards, processes, procedures, and technology.
• Develop and maintain a Gas Lift Community of Practice and a web portal on ADNOC++ to share experiences and best practices across all Group Companies.
Technical Support and Technical Assurance
• Support Group Companies with the design, selection and commissioning of gas lift projects
• Train Production Engineers and Field Operations staff on gas lift operations
• Review and ensure that well designs including material selection for support of the optimum long-term development and production plans for hydrocarbon reservoirs.
• Ensure that oil and gas project economics include long-term well utility plans including fit-for-purpose life cycle risk analysis.
• Participate in proposing and preparing data exchanges / trade proposals with companies active in the countries and emirates surrounding Abu Dhabi, to complement ADNOC corporate data-base and to be used in field development plans.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Unit/Department/Section budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
• Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Unit/Department/Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Performance Management
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Unit/Department/ Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
• Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of well operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against industry best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency and promote innovative solutions to challenges confronting well operations.
• Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures, controls, applicable legislation, and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
• Provide inputs to prepare Unit/Department/Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Bachelor s degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent. Master s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 10 years of experience in completion design for exploration and production well programs. Latest technology in complex completions and down-hole flow control. Include knowledge of smart well completions, tools, and data acquisition/metering, FCDs, etc.
• Industry recognized expert in gas lift design, selection, commissioning and operation.
• Skilled in application of classical completion analysis methods (e.g., nodal analysis, perforation design, stimulation design) and able to identify situations where detailed simulation may or may not be required.
• Working knowledge of engineering software such as Pipesim, PipesimNet, Prosper, Gap
• Published multiple papers including first Author publications in journals or conference proceedings; preferably peer reviewed. Is called upon to review and approve Journal papers and is invited to participate in special society publications.
• Recognized as subject matter expert in Artificial Lift domain (primarily gas lift and ESP s)
• Experience with major IOCs and NOCs, working in one of their Technical Centers guiding/advising/influencing a large, company-wide Artificial Lift program
• Able to provide technical expertise for selection, design, implementation and operation of Identify new technologies to improve the operating efficiency of Artificial Lift systems including digital technologies and automation.