• Communicate effectively and efficiently with management as well as direct reports and team members
• In coordination with Director of Entertainment, establish and evaluate department policies, procedures and processes. As a continuous process improvement and development plan, review regularly with the director and adjust as needed
• Understand safety requirements and ensure the daily emphasis on a safe workplace
• Interface with outside vendors to establish and maintain smooth daily operations
• Setup and maintain the costume/wardrobe inventory system
• Overseeing the organization of Wardrobe storage area
• Work with the company system to create and track weekly team member schedules
• Create and execute training/SOP documents and standards for Costume/Wardrobe team members, create the risk assessments and safety documents for the department
• Develop ongoing training classes and career development tools for team member s success.
• Set objectives, create milestones and conduct appraisals for direct reports
• Help to identify successors within the team and prepare them for their next accountable roles. In consultation with HR, recommend external training s where required
• Create assessment tests for core competencies needed in the hiring of certain costume/wardrobe team members.
• Develop costumes and looks for seasonal events such as Halloween, Eid, Holi etc. Provide budgets to the Director of Entertainment on what needs to be procured in timely manner.
• Constantly work on creating new projects in both costume and uniform side to make the operation more efficient and user friendly.
• Create a safe, fun working environment for our team members.
• Work on designing/developing/producing costume and/or wardrobe for new projects as well as redesigns as necessary.
• Collaborate with the seamstresses to create tech packs for wardrobe production.
• Create and update all Costume/Uniform documentation, including character breakdown, dressing and care specifications.
• Reviewing the laundry operation of Costume & Uniforms to maximize the efficiency and to make it budget friendly.
• Weekly reviews of all shows/venues to ensure quality control of costumes/wardrobe.
• Weekly reviews of the park employees, to understand if their uniforms are up to the park standards
• Track and report financials for daily operating budgets. Work closely with Director of Entertainment to flag any budgetary issues.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• Should have Bachelors / University diploma in fashion designing or 5 years plus experience managing wardrobe or costume departments in Theme Parks, University, Cruise Lines or Live Theater
• 5 years plus experience managing wardrobe or costume departments in Theme Parks, University, Cruise Lines or Live Theater
• Manager or Supervisory experience managing a costume workroom
• Knowledge of sewing/tailoring, cutting/fitting, pattern-making.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Advanced English Skills- both written and spoke
• People and time management
• Ability to communicate with all kinds of people
• Great problem solver
• Ability to work well in a high pressured and fast paced environment
• University Diploma in Theatrical Costuming
• Managerial experience in Wardrobe & Costume under entertainment department
• Minimum 5 years experience in theme parks and/ professional theater / entertainment events management
• Managing inventory systems
• Ability to navigate well on both PC and Mac computers
• Ability to adapt to an ever changing work environment
• Ability to work with many different artistic personalities and staff
• Ability to juggle several different tasks and job responsibilities at the same time