The main purpose of the role is to cover different aspects of the accounting function for a new sub-brand in Cairo including; GL maintenance, bank and fund management, sending out copy of statements and invoices through to collection, resolving queries, and reducing debtor days. The role will also manage the payable by dealing with all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, from supplier inception through payment and query handling.
To support the business and manage the tax risk profile for Careem Egypt.
The role reports into the Head of Finance Egypt on a day-to-day basis and the Group Tax Manager on a functional basis.
• Manage the tax compliance profile of Careem Egypt, ensuring all local tax filing requirements are understood and documented and filings are made on time.
• Based on the activities of Careem Egypt, identify and control employment related, indirect and income tax withholding tax matters.
• Identify and implement VAT optimization opportunities.
• Maintain and monitor local tax relationships with professional advisers.
• Support the accounting team with any tax related accounting/ financial statement disclosures as applicable.
• Project manage all tax aspects of new business lines and initiatives by identifying, documenting and executing the tax requirements.
• Perform direct tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases and agency guidance, and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
• Partner with key contacts in operations, corporate development, finance, treasury, government relations, and legal to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks.
• Provide active support to positively and successfully conclude tax audits and controversies.
• Provide guidance/ training to local finance, legal, government relations and operations teams.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the group transfer pricing policy and supporting documentation.
Key Performance Indicators
• Accurate and timely updates in respect of tax risks and compliance.
• On time submission of all tax related returns.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar; CA/ CPA/ Master's in Taxation.
• At least 3 years of PQE of international tax in a fast-paced industry and/ or Big 4 (plus).
• Demonstrated thorough user and working knowledge of tax systems.
• Excellent research skills, coupled with great written and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to communicate with non-tax people on complex tax issues.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines.
• Creative thinking to resolve novel tax problems while supporting the business.
• Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking).