Are you an experienced English or Arabic teacher and a natural leader who enjoys managing and coaching teachers to be their best?
Are you passionate about cultural and international exchange?
Are you tech-savvy and quick at learning new IT skills and systems?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
As a Senior Teacher at our new campus in Dubai, you combine language teaching (English OR Arabic) to non-native international students, with overall responsibility for the academic programme and developing the blended learning range of courses.
This role includes planning and delivering daily language lessons, and providing oversight, management and coaching to your team of Arabic and English language teachers, through regular in-class observations and feedback sessions. You are also responsible for leading training sessions, developing and implementing inductions, and for assisting teachers with lesson planning, paperwork and teaching techniques.
This is a high-energy role that requires a strong leader; someone who can provide tools, training and guidance so as to ensure the teaching team deliver fun, engaging and successful learning experiences.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Either one of the following:
• Cambridge DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) or an equivalent ESL qualification.
• Post-Graduate level or equivalent in teaching Arabic as a second Language
• Solid teaching experience (either Arabic, English or both)
• Native or near-native level of English
• Proven teacher management/mentoring experience
• Complete fluency in English
• Ability to effectively recruit, manage and motivate academic staff
• Customer service focus
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to adapt in a fast paced, versatile work environment
• Positive attitude and friendly, approachable manner
• Strong sense of ownership and the drive to succeed
• Fluency in Arabic (not essential)
• Curriculum development experience
• Experience of conducting lesson observations and teacher training
• Tax-free monthly salary of 3000 to 4000 US Dollars (dependent on experience)
• Company-sponsored 3-year UAE Visa
• Company-sponsored health insurance
If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career within a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. Please apply for the position by submitting your CV and covering letter stating why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this position.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed upon and any gaps in CV must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.