Reports To: Discipline Lead
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Carry out Telecom Design Engineering activities, including co-ordination with Instrumentation and Telecom Design Groups, to engineer tie-ins for existing Oil/gas processing facilities
• Rich experience in designing of Telecom/Security and Radio systems like PAGA, CCTV, Access Control Systems, Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS), PABX, Plant radios- TETRA UHF,VHF,VSAT Transmission, LAN/WAN, Crane Radio System, SCS infrastructure, Fiber Optic cabling, Video Conferencing System, Communication Tower, Weather monitoring System, Entertainment system, Design calculations, Survival craft systems and Hotline.
• Design Engineering Preparation of Telecom design basis, Technical specification & Data sheets for integrated voice and data network systems, SDH, PABX, VOIP, IPTV, Anti-Intrusion system, Master Clock, Structured cabling, Industrial Security and Access control system. Interface requirements with various control systems
• Design and review of Block Diagrams and MDF / IDF schematics, Data Rack / Cabinet wiring drawings, termination drawings, interconnection drawings
• Preparation of specifications of Structure cabling Systems, Field cabling requirements.
• Preparation of Telecom system specifications and equipment datasheets
• Preparation of Technical Bid evaluation and recommendation.
• Familiar with local and International standards like NFPA, NEMA, BICSI standards, IEC 60331/332, IEC 60529 for Onshore Projects.
• Calculations such as FO link budget, Bandwidth requirement, Radio coverage, speaker coverage calculations using standard softwares available in telecom industry.
• Familiar with all Major OEM s Bosch Systems, HID, Lenel systems, Honeywell, Indigovision, Industronics, Fibersensys, Alcatel , Cisco, Huawei, Ruggedcom, Hirschman, Motorola, Pelco, Hik-Vision, etc.
• Exposure to man-hour estimation
• Preparation of detail design deliverables in collaboration with designers.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them.
• Proficient in planning, coordination, implementation and decision making of all Telecom system Expansion and Modifications.
• Review client comments and prepare client comment response.
• Vendor and client Co-ordination for various design activities and witness FAT and SAT.
• Interact with Quality Assurance (QC) for Quality issues and strictly ensure compliance with company s ISO quality procedures.
• Review of Vendor package items and visit Vendor Workshops to identify irregularities in the Material and take corrective actions.
• Provide technical support to site activities and queries.
• Prepare As-built documents incorporating Redline markup from site.
• Assist in closing out ITR s for systems and subsystems during Pre-commissioning and commissioning stage.
Required Experience & Skills
• 15 Years plus experience with Telecom design and engineering in the Oil and Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical environment.
View Us On LinkedIn
Manage Your Applications