Smiths Detection is looking for a Service Projects & Costing Manager SDME who will assist and support the Service team in multiple aspects including, but not limited to, costing of service opportunities, review of tender documents, development of service concepts, management and creation of service contracts, analysis of data including spare part consumption, labour rates and SAP data analysis.
This position requires excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, and the ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally towards tight deadlines and schedules. This position may also be required to manage distributors / channel partners and the services provided in countries such as Pakistan, Bahrain and Jordan.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage all internal and external stakeholders
• Support drafting and finalization of service offers
• Complete service costing activities for standard and complex orders
• Review of tender documents and develop service concept for delivering customer expectations and SLA requirements
• Management and creation of service contracts supporting the Middle East region
• Service performance analysis and data review including SAP data entries, spare part consumptions, labour rates, labour hours booked against standard jobs to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
• Assumes ownership for achieving defined customer performance metrics
• Actively seek obstacles to service operation and implement solutions to improve operational efficiency
• Support projects actively from bid stage to tender submission by interfacing with programs and sales to make sure all service objectives and costing of the project are successfully completed and opportunity packs updated timely
• Support recruitment activities of staff to include interviewing, selection, hiring and salary negotiation as required. Coach, develop, retain, review and recommend corrective action for employees.
• Design measurement metrics and publish management reports monthly to gauge performance.
• Support staff and sales personnel with site visits as necessary.
• Develop and deliver internal and external deliverables on time and to a high standard.
• Perform risk analysis and manage a risk register to anticipate potential issues, define and implement related risk mitigation plans, and follow mitigation plans through to completion.
• Identify program support requirements and propose appropriate solutions
• Manage third party service providers, as needed
• Provide input and support driving continuous improvement of the service policies, processes and practices
• Promote best practice with other Smiths colleagues
• Create effective and relevant business communication in line with business needs
• Extensive travel and overtime work may be required.
• Ensure the Smiths Code of Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics is upheld in all activities
• Comply with and promote all relevant legal requirements & Smiths policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
• Other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor s Degree in a technical discipline is required. Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialised software programs. PMP certification and PM training is preferred.
• Extensive experience, preferably in a technical field, with a minimum of 3 years prior experience in Field Service. Experience in X-ray field preferred.
• Essential: Competent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and SAP
• Demonstrable capability in problem solving and commercial awareness
• Able to effectively influence stakeholders within a matrix and culturally diverse organization
• Able to understand and interpret commercial data / reports
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
• Proficient in task estimation, and service costing.
• Demonstrated superior problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Ability to build relationships with a diverse group of both technical and non-technical resources.
• Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, delivery focused with the ability to multi-task effectively.
• Proven experience efficiently generating creative solutions to challenging cost- or resource- constrained designs.
• Ability to lift packages up to 50 lbs. unassisted.