The incumbent will ensure that vessel operations & cargo operations are handled smoothly & efficiently and all commercial requirements are met as per the agreed terms in the contracts, Pre Fixture & Post Fixture. The incumbent will be responsible for updating the vessel management data with the following information; vessel movement, cargo quantities, contract information, payment of invoices for vessel DA’s. The incumbent will assist in preparing various shipping documents, liaising with Master, Brokers, and Agents related to operation invoices and claims, liaising with finance to ensure that supporting documents are available for payments. Also preparing related management reports and ensuring that documentation is available to settle claims. The position is further responsible for the management of records related to these activities.
Main Tasks & Accountabilities
Fuel and Clean Product Vessel Management
· Performance monitoring against C/P Terms.
· Ensuring procedures for safe loading and discharging are followed.
· Check and reconcile invoices related to operations like - Agents invoices.
· Monitor & assist in handling vessels operations of in house fleet of tankers and chartered in vessels - in conjunction with “Operations in Charge
· STS operations, equipment inventory and planning in conjuction with Operations in Charge.
· Various tasks for vessel clearing, preparation, tech requirements in conjunction with “Operations In Charge”
· Willingness & Ability to travel when required
· Sound understanding of OH&S principles (occupational, health and safety)
· Attending vessels in port (if & when required)
· Compile data for all vessel operations and cargo - for successful vessel handling.
· Compile management reports for products losses against each product type, but not limited to
- Monitor documentation to ensure that it complies with contractual requirements
· Monitor & keep records of all PDA, FDA as per the voyage for vessels
· Ensure invoices are approved in a timely manner & returned to Finance for closure.
Demurrage / Claims
-Assist “Operations In charge” with compiling information related to demurrage & claims
-There is considerable work pressure related meeting deadlines, in communicating to counter-parties.
-The stress is related to the impact that mistakes has on the bottom line, even small delays or errors can result in negative impacts to the business. Willingness to accept to work after office hours due to operation requirements.
-Limited commercial decision making, decisions are made in conjunction with the Operations In Charge. Decisions will be related to operations activities and data capturing only.
- Position will liaise with external counter parties for queries.
- Internally the position will liaise with work teams that includes middle and senior staff.