The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and MOROCCO.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !
1. Ensure your country is legally compliant with all product legislations and that methods are in place for monitoring, mapping, follow-up and implementation.
2. Work proactively to influence and challenge the established way of working and participating in internal and external networks.
3. Develop a good working relationship with national consumer authorities and be identified as the IKEA contact person in all matters relating to product requirements and compliance.
4. Participate in and/or monitor national standardization work and business associations in order to influence and drive improvements of product-related laws and standards.
5. Report national product legislations and standards, and provide Product Requirements & Compliance at IoS (IoS PR&C) with an analysis of their content and possible implications. This shall be done with sufficient lead time to ensure that IKEA organizations are able to implement any action required to secure compliance.
6. Identify product recall and product safety reporting procedures on the local market and keep IoS PR&C informed about the same.
7. Monitor and follow up safety/environmental product reporting obligations on the local market and support appropriate retail functions to ensure timely reporting of any necessary information to applicable authorities.
8. Establish regular contacts with matrix partners in IKEA stores and the Service Office to keep them informed about product safety and compliance issues that could affect the business.
9. Secure a common approach for handling PR&C issues by working closely with other PR&C specialists in the PR&C global network, thereby ensuring one way of working.
10. Support IoS PR&C in product investigations and matters concerning product safety and non-compliance.
11. Support the stores and customer centre in product safety-related issues, such as recall situations and media attention, and handle all product safety and non-compliance-related contacts with national authorities or relevant organizations.
- Master Degree or Engineering degree in Logistics & Supply chain.
- Min 3 years of experience in the same position preferably in Retails / Industrial sector.
- You have knowledge and proven experience of Product Development and product lifecycle management (PLM).
- You have a very good understanding about IKEA Requirements and the full IKEA value chain.
- You are analytical, fact based and structured with an ability to detect patterns in an easy way.
- Interest in people s life at home and home furnishings.
- Knowledge & ability to quickly develop knowledge of national product legislation, local market situation and trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively &/ build networks to different target groups, (internally and externally) as well as experts and non-experts.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Problem solving experience gained in organisation, for example, handling safety or quality issues.
- Good understanding of business with a working background that set the customer in focus.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work to make efficient use of available time.
- Ability to lead processes and deliver results on time.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good attention to detail, and able to work well with certain degree of administrative task application letter, registration, PO/invoices
Working proficiency on Excel is added value.