We are looking for Shutdown Manager for UAE.
Scope of Responsibility:
The incumbent will be responsible to act as an entrepreneur to lead the team of professionals in Plant Maintenance Shutdown Projects of the business area. To lead the multi-discipline project team and responsible for the overall management of the project site to which assigned such that contractual requirements and obligations are fulfilled, in accordance with drawings and specifications and all work is completed within the safety goals are set, within budget and schedule. He will be responsible and accountable for delivery of the shutdowns, retrofit projects, as per the agreed budgetary, revenue, PAT, quality, productivity and efficiency targets. He will have the requisite authority to execute and implement necessary decisions. He will be supported by a team of professionals based in zonal offices to collate the project updates. To identify & focus on upcoming projects which have potential for construction scope, ensure prequalification, obtain ITB/RFQ & consensus to bid.
Zero first aid cases.
• Zero LTI.
• Zero outstanding quality issue at the end of each shutdown.
• Identify and groom 01 internal resource as your successor for Shutdown Manager position.
• Identify and groom 03 Area Incharge / Area Engineer for higher responsibility as Execution Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for implementation of Quality and HSE Policy.
• Complying Quality Control Procedures.
• Ensure implementation of HSE plan at site.
• Responsible for complete pre and post shutdown planning, site execution, material & equipment handling and manpower.
• Supervise Execution Manger, Area In Charges, Field Engineers and Supervisor for timely completion of project as per the given time.
• Develop team work and maintain the team integrity.
• Responsible for preparing the budget and delivering the assigned project as per approved budget.
• Ensure the work scope is fully resourced in manpower, equipment, material and subcontracts.
• Read and understand the contract carefully to identify all potential risks and establish the approach to mitigate those risks by planning out preventive measures.
• Plan, define, verify and control the scope of the project in order to ensure that project includes all the work required.
• Responsible to maintain financial, progress and productivity status reports and interpret those reports for proposing and implementing better productivity norms at project.
• Estimate the cost of the project, and ensure that all the resources (including HR, materials and equipment & plant) necessary for execution are within stipulated budget allocated to the project in order to control the cost of the project.
• Ensure execution of the project as per plan while taking corrective actions when required, in order to complete the project within time and budget.
• Lead Preparatory activities.
• As a project leader responsible for timely completion of project as per agreed financial and productivity and quality KPIs/ norms.
• Sign off Work method statements & Task risk assessment.
• Vendors & Subcontractors management.
• Lead the Resolution of technical issues.
• Organize and manage project human resources by coordinating with HRM and Administration for acquiring, developing and managing project team.
• Follow up timely mobilization of planned resources and material procurement.
• Cost control, budget monitoring and contract management.
• Work out contingency plans.
• Ensure the compliance of schedule.
• Review detailed closeout report at end of shutdown.
• Appraise the staff and work force for future works.
• Identify projects from media or other sources and establish contact with the concerned persons for presenting Company’s capabilities to acquire potential projects
• Responsible to maintain strong working relations with clients for future business acquisition.(Dolphin, Shell and ORYX)
• Perform market intelligence related to potential projects, competitors, and other factors affecting Company’s business in order to formulate marketing related strategies to acquire more business for Company.
• Support Marketing and Business Development Team to prepare inquiry synopsis, allocate bid number, and obtain feedback from concerned persons / departments to support management in making for decision on bids.
• Perform pre-bid working to compile all technical & commercial specification received from concerned person & authorities so that strategy related to bid submission can be formulated.
• Responsible for bringing new technology and knowhow for efficiency improvement and cost management.
• Responsible to ensure compliance of all systems and lead the Internal and External audit interventions for continues improvement.
• Ensure regular communication & feedback at the start and end of the day.