We are looking for a Soft Services Manager for our Facilities Management Department. Specific responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Soft Services Manager will have a significant impact on the image and reputation of the company. The role will cover Cleaning services, office boy/pantry services, Mail room management, Pest Control, waste management, office moves, Concierge and any other non-technical activities delivered as part of the service offering. This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer engagement skills, strong people and supplier management skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, organize and control the Soft Services operation including housekeeping, office support services, waste management, pest control in a professional manner ensuring prompt, efficient and quality service to the clients as per the contractual specification of housekeeping services.
• Achieve excellence in all areas of service ensuring compliance with company recognized standards.
• Set objectives and ensure that all the departments are performing within the scope of work achieving excellence in service. Ensure that functional heads are well informed about contractual obligations in their given areas of activities.
• Liaise with client or their representative on site to receive feedback on the services provided.
• Liaise with Operations Manager and other section heads in all aspects of location operation. Take necessary decisions within authority as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the location.
• Implement all aspects of the agreed accounting procedures. Ensure effective execution of all contingency plans in case of an emergency.
• Inspect all areas of operation regularly to ensure compliance with company and client’s standards and procedures.
• Hold regular meetings with function heads to review operational requirements, achievements and improvements.
• Identify staff training needs and initiate training process in coordination with superiors. Monitor and supervise on-the-job training process on location as per training guidelines and procedures. Ensure to keep up to date records of all training, both of-the-job and on-the-job.
• Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management system.
• Preferred female candidates having a Degree or Diploma in Hotel / Hospitality Management.
• Minimum 08 Years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in 5* or 4* hotels or Multi National companies.
• Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
• Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
• Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) practices and policies.
• Experience of safe working practices, risk assessments, method statements, permit-to-work systems.