ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of our Full Stack Developer role is to create and maintain the technology system and features for the business verticals in line with stakeholder needs. You will be responsible for translating and implementing technical requirements into usable technology products focused on scale, robust product performance, APIs and ease of use. You will also be responsible for guaranteeing that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met, and results delivered, in keeping up with current best practice in the field of Technology and Product. This includes driving accountability for systems deployment and monitoring across operational surfaces.
• Manage Products end-to-end within your given remit, ensuring a consistent focus on continuous improvement to ensure achievement of deadlines, SLAs and KPIs, and the function operates in best practice.
• Develop and maintain our online portal and mobile site.
• To develop and sustain our API integration with partners.
• The first point of contact for colleagues and external partners supporting with daily operational tasks, service configurations/definitions; effectively collaborating with key stakeholders on business-related support activities for troubleshooting/Issue resolution.
• Document and share knowledge of the VAS, billing platforms and related systems, and APIs to enable integration and facilitate best practice service delivery.
• Execute on the product development roadmap contributing to platform optimisation and evolution initiatives.
• Perform integration, migration with acceptance and clearance tests, produce relevant test documentation and reports to facilitate best practice and optimised service delivery.
The ideal candidate has exceptionally high ownership, excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work with agility in a fast-paced environment. They would also be insanely focused on demonstrating excellence in service delivery and problem-solving; breaking down complex information into understandable and actionable items. Those with experience in the mobile digital entertainment industry would be at a distinct advantage.
• Direct Project Management experience with an excellent understanding of Agile / Scrum methodologies.
• Demonstrable experience in software development and ideally native mobile app development.
• Ability to drive accountability for systems deployment and monitoring across operational surfaces.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle tools such as Jira, Jenkins; and data analysis tools such as Tableau, Excel etc.
• Knowledgeable on automation/configuration management systems such as Ansible, puppet, chef etc.
• Great knowledge working with frontend web frameworks such as bootstrap, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, AngularJS, Node.js
• Outstanding Object Orientated design and programming skills.
• Strong knowledge of J2EE web frameworks (JPA, Hibernate, Servlets etc.)
• Experience working with Spring MVC, Spring DI.
• Strong Knowledge of RESTful Services such as JAX-RS.
• SQL RDBMS, MySQL preferred.
• Experience with Linux, Tomcat.
• Operational Experience and Ticketing Support.
• Demonstrable operational and maintenance experience with standard IT infrastructure.
• High proficiency in English; French, Arabic or Swahili would also be advantageous.
• A Graduate Degree in Computer Science or similar would be desirable.