Software Development Lead primary goal is leading & coordinating software development activities throughout the project in arrangement with the Project Manager, including key design decisions for the technology, structure & configuration of the system. Performing technical research to gain technical knowledge & resolve technical difficulties & participating in the design of new systems & component, the analysis of new functional requirement & systems and in the estimation of new features, and components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Software Development ImplementationPerform programming tasks according to the project plan and functional specifications.
• Perform unit testing of the tasks submitted by him.
• Integrating team output into the project solution and packages.
• Responsible for project configuration management and releases deployment.
• Finally smoke test for deployed releases.
• Gathering and preparing release notes.
• Team Leading and technical coaching
• Coaching and guiding technical team for best practices, standards, & appropriate design patterns.
• Perform code reviews for development team (daily for new members & weekly for other members).
• Ultimately responsible for project code quality.
• Guiding the team on adopting and using Agile approaching and practices.
• Breaking down backlog features into smaller tasks to be easier & more effective for team members.
• Divide tasks among team members with agreement with the PM based on priorities & deliverables.
• Updating the PM with project & team status and performance.
• Raising any project or task risks or impact of any impediments to the PM.
• Conducting technical research to gain technical knowledge and resolve technical difficulties.
• Estimations and Sizing
• Provides the development effort estimation of new features & components with the development team for the project he is leading.
• Participate in estimating potential new projects modules & features and provide it to the PM.
• Highlight to the PM development potential risks and tasks dependencies.
• Architectural and Analysis
• Participate in the analysis of new functional requirement and systems.
• Building solution architecture in collaboration with the team.
• Confirming solution architecture with PM before implementation kickoff.
• Providing the team the design of project systems and component.
• At least 6 years of experience.
• Proven experience implementing tasks using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, & Entity Framework.
• Excellent understanding of OOP, n-tier architecture and design patterns.
• Very good knowledge in Web Technologies (HTML/ XML / XSD / XSLT / XPath).
• Good Knowledge in .Net 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 is plus.
• Fair Knowledge in WCF and WPF is a plus.
• Fair knowledge of ASP.Net MVC3 and MVC4 is plus.
• Very Good knowledge in ORM and LINQ.
• Experience with MS SQL 2000/ 2005/ 2008, ability to write Stored Procedures & read entity diagrams.
• Knowledge of at least one of (Crystal reports, Open XML, and reporting services).
• Knowledge in cloud and mobile technologies is a plus, real implementation is huge plus.
• Knowledge in queues, multi-threading, parallelization, and distributed caching servers is a plus.
• Very good analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• Good work ethics, Team player, positive and self-motivated.
• Strong Communication & Interpersonal skills.
• Excellent command of English language is a plus.
• Previous experience working with U.S clients is a plus.
• Flexibility to travel when needed (mainly to U.S & Jordan and could be other destinations if required).
A minimum of a Bachelor s degree in one of the following areas:
Computer/ Electrical/ Communication Engineering.
Salary paid in USD
Six-month career advancing opportunities
Employee parking space
Supportive and friendly work environment
Premium medical insurance [employee family]
English language development courses
Interest-free loans paid over 2.5 years
Technical development courses
Planned overtime program (POP)
Employment referral program
Premium location in Maadi