Come join the Captain engineering team and help transform 30 million lives in the Greater MENA region. Whether it s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our tech is there, creating amazing experiences for our customers and helping empower our Captains to simplify and improve the lives of people. The Captain engineering team is building the supply platform of the region which will help create opportunities for people in one of the most dynamic and diverse regions in the world.
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our customers and Captains and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies.
As a Mobile Engineer on the Captain Engagement team, you will be a part of a cross-functional team developing a highly scalable distributed system responsible for tracking application user s KPIs, making a judgment based on patterns identified by machine learning models and performing actions to sustainably reinforce and grow the performance of platform users. You will work with a group of highly talented and motivated individuals and help create the experience that our Captains (drivers) will use to interact the Careem platform. Your focus will be around creating an engaging user experience within the platform and helping us understand our Captain s behaviour better. You will be required to modify the code in the iOS and Android captain apps and will work on both Kotlin and Swift .
This role is for a position in Dubai, الإمارات
المسؤوليات الرئيسية ما يلي:
• Write high quality, performant and reliable code which while working on defined tasks/bugs independently.
• Work independently to understand functional specifications and deliver complete features.
• Participate in the on-call rotation and be willing to jump in and help resolve any incidents within the defined SLA.
• Participate in team agile processes and practices, contribute to their continuous evolution.
• Work closely with other engineers on the team to build highly scalable and robust Android applications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
• 4 years of professional experience in Software Development in Android and iOS.
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Experience building Android applications in Kotlin
• Experience building iOS applications in Swift
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
• Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods for product development.
• Experience in building complex Android applications.
• Experience in building complex iOS applications.
• Knowledge of Kotlin Native is a plus.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong focus on customers and operational excellence.