• Foster communities of practice that enable learning and sharing across software engineering teams in areas like web development, mobile applications, data engineering, machine learning, micro-services engineering, performance engineering, secure coding, ERP software, mainframe software, and integration.
• Continuously reduce business and customer impact due to application issues by ensuring quality standards implementation, performing root cause analysis, publishing results. Developing a future prevention plan for the solution domain with a focus on proactive technology debt remediation.
• Develop and grow the software engineering managers by setting goals and objectives, conducting performance reviews, coach, mentor engineering leadership, and build a high performing team of autonomous teams, globally and support/engages in hiring, retention, training, team engagement events and activities.
• Listen to and support teams for problem-solving and root cause analysis. Provide freedom and safety so that software engineers are able to innovate, experiment and even fail on occasions.
• Establish mission and purpose for software engineering managers and software engineers in the solution domain along with the right technologies, engineering practices and metrics relevant for software engineering solution domain.
• Build software engineering teams and enable the teams to flourish and maintain a high level of engagement and productivity whilst ensuring that agile concepts and principles are followed and respected. Eliminate non-value adding work to drive efficiency and productivity across teams.
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. A master s degree is preferable.
• Experience of building complex, scalable and large software solutions in digital, data or enterprise domain.
• 5+ years of leading software development teams
• 5+ years of software engineering at scale with experience of transition from monolith to microservices
• 5+ years of hands-on knowledge of software development and application support
• 3+ years of Scaled Agile methodology, with modern flexible working practices
• Thorough knowledge of the technology stacks used for business solutions.
• Ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues.
• Research industry innovations and best practices. Apply appropriately in the solution domain.