Execute and administer the procurement activities to meet company needs, according to Company policies and procedures. Develops contract strategies and leads negotiation efforts. Establishes contracts and ensures consistency of contract administration throughout all EPC packages.
• Provides pro-active advice and purchasing expertise to customer departments in order to influence their commercial
• Generate contracting and tendering strategies plans to achieve the objectives of the end users functional needs.
• Assist the end user to identify suitable bidders for each proposed tender.
• Where necessary liaise with legal, finance and insurance functions and provide responses to tenderers contractual clarification requests.
• Identify risk and provide solutions risk mitigation measures.
• Assists in Tenders Board meetings, to present the outcome of the bids evaluation and recommendations, obtain necessary approvals to float tenders or award contracts and ensures efficient administration of post- award activities till these are concluded satisfactorily.
• Participates in the Negotiation with bidders, suppliers and contractors to obtain best commercial terms and outcomes and assesses their performance for updating the Standard Bidders List. Ensures comprehensiveness and completeness of documents relating to contracts and purchase orders / Agreements to ensure standards are maintained.
• Propose and justify and appropriate bid strategy and thereafter execute the approved strategy.
• Handling bids in accordance with Contracts Procedure and participates in bid evaluations.
• Provide support in preparing and planning the budget cost estimates for procurement and contracts department as required.
• Review and recommend amendments to existing contracting and service agreement policies, procedures and systems with a view to enhancing their effectiveness in the light of changing requirements and business environment.
• Review and analyse claims and requests for variations, provide expert commercial advice to the management and propose negotiation strategies and meetings to ensure favourable and cost effective resolution for the Company on contractual discrepancies or disputes.
• Participate and contribute in settle claims meetings with Contractors. Prepares recommendations for management approval and finalization of the issue as appropriate.
• Prepares the section's weekly/ monthly report and assist in the preparation of summarized contracts activity and status report.
• Work closely with peers and contractors to improve procurement performance and reduce overall cost.
• Maintains effective business relationships with Company’s suppliers to ensure mutual benefit and fair
• Recommends for implementation of technologies and services to improve procurement performance and capital efficiency.
Enhancement of Policies & Procedures:
• Ensures commercial manual and procedure are explained to all Business Units and Job Officers.
• Assist in modifying and promulgates Company policies on Contract procedures and audits compliance of it
• Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Procurement systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
• Advises peers regarding Contracts Procedures, Company Policies, General Principles to be adopted, time scales and priorities, etc.
• Supports in the training and development of UAE national employees / graduates. Develops.
• Guides, directs, trains and develops subordinates to perform to their best potential and work effectively together as a team.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved
Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Ensure that Commercial complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across all operations and support function and all projects, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Internal
• Daily interactions with VP- Commercial and staff within the department and division
• Frequent contacts with various Team leaders other Division.
• Occasional contacts with external Auditors, Consultants,
• Frequent contact with Suppliers & Contractors.
• Frequent contacts within the CO. Group OPCOs at Manager & Team Leader level Shareholders