Monitors and advises to ensure that HSE practices are in line with the HSE Management System (HSEMS) and governing documents. Serves as a subject matter expert on HSE regulations and legal requirements to support and ensure HSE compliance. Provides oversight and support of the HSE Systems, Planning and Performance activities, including HSE performance reporting, operational safety, contractor HSE performance, HSE & process safety assurance, HSE audits, and HSE & asset integrity accountability framework activities.
• Supports HSE Strategy Updates and Initiatives in accordance with business requirements, international trends, and industry updates.
• Contributes to the development of Level 1 and Level 2 HSE KPIs for Corporate reporting.
• Major contributor to the monitoring and reporting of HSE accomplishments, KPI updates, and status to ensure aligned information within HSE and across company.
• Contribute to the reviewing and reporting of HSE Performance in accordance with ADNOC or recognized HSE International Standards.
• Monitoring and reporting of compliance with HSE & Process Safety Assurance Program.
• Monitoring of the implementation of the HSE & Asset Integrity Accountability Framework, including serving as the Secretary of the Consequence Assessment Committee.
• Support the management of the HSE processes and activities for HSE audits for all areas related to HSE objectives, with the aim to support a safe environment for plant operations, assets, and personnel.
• Plans internal & external audits for HSE compliance.
• Leads the HSE Audits and oversees preparation of audit reports.
• Tracking, analyzation and reporting of HSE actions status to facilitate on-time closure.
• Oversee evaluation of Contractor HSE Performance.
HSE Standards & Practices
• Support deployment of ADNOC HSE Standards, including gap analyses for implementation planning.
• Support identification of HSE Systems updates to ensure the automation level for different processes in HSE Services to support the interface within and with HSE Teams.
• Assess the HSE environment within the company, and contribute to uplift the level of HSE Awareness among the company employees.
• Identify training and development initiatives and sessions for HSE in accordance with the learning and development team in the human capital function.
• Monitor status of adherence to HSE standards.
• Monitor compliance with Land Transportation Safety requirements.
HSE Culture, Awareness and & Communications
• Contribute to HSE related committees and representation for the respective area, and participate in the investigation and studies to ensure consistency and presence of the function.
• Contribute to the promotion of an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the company to create a culture that prioritises effective HSE.
• Development and implementation of all types of HSE communications; i.e. training, awareness, campaigns, circulars, signs, etc., to ensure understanding of HSE related matters; first aid, risks and hazardous, procedures, etc.
• Communication of HSE documentation to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the development and delivery of HSE training, circulars, awareness sessions, events and campaigns.
• Support the implementation of technologies and services to improve HSE performance (e.g., SAP, OneERP, and the HSE Information System (HSEIS)).
• Represent HSE and present HSE information in various Company meetings.
• Represent Company in various local and international HSE seminars, workshops, symposium by participating, and presenting papers.
• Support the development of consistent and realistic long and short term operational plans for the Department in line with the Division objectives and manage the implementation of the approved long and short term plans and ensure they are effectively converted into its performance objectives to realise the Division Objectives and established service levels.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
• Mentor assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Design, implement and maintain an effective Corporate HSE document management system.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
• Preparation of HSE performance and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Company Employees
• Operations HSE
• Internal Audit
• Site Contractors
• External Auditors