1. Treat internal disorders, such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, and problems of the lung, brain, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract.
2. Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
3. Prescribe or administer medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
4. Provide and manage long-term, comprehensive medical care, including diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of diseases, for adult patients in an office or hospital.
5. Manage and treat common health problems, such as infections, influenza and pneumonia, as well as serious, chronic, and complex illnesses, in adolescents, adults, and the elderly.