Technology & Innovation
Specialist, Production Chemistry
ADNOC Group Overview:
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us. By working together every day, we re bringing energy to life. Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was established on the 27th November 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Since its establishment, ADNOC has steadily enhanced its competitive position through its sound business interest in 18 specialist subsidiary and joint venture companies in addition to educational institutions, known as the ADNOC Group of Companies.
Today, ADNOC manages and oversees oil production of more than 3.1 million barrels per day (bpd), ranking it amongst the top ten oil and gas producing companies in the world. In the last few years, significant achievements have been made in the expansion and development of gas fields to meet the growing needs and development plans of Abu Dhabi, and in our bid to support the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, which seeks diversification of Abu Dhabi s energy supplies. ADNOC is committed to recruiting the best talent the UAE has to offer, and accordingly UAE Nationals will be preferred. All expressions of interest will be treated confidentially.
Group company overview:
The Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Petroleum Operations (ADNOC ONSHORE) functions throughout onshore development sites as well as in the shallow coastal waters of Abu Dhabi.
The Company was incorporated in 1978 to oversee operations in onshore concession areas covering approximately 21,000 square kilometers including five of the most important mainland oilfields in the region. During the first quarter of 2006, the inauguration of the North East BAB has been started.
Provide petroleum chemistry consultancy services in areas of reservoir development, petroleum engineering, flow assurance and production and drilling chemistry related challenges. Establishes chemical analysis procedures and represents ADNOC Onshore in national and international knowledge forums
• Initiates, plans and executes studies and operations support in all aspects of Production Chemistry and flow assurance (e.g. scale, wax, asphaltenes, chemical inhibition, phase separation, water treatment, tracer injection etc ).
• Provides Production Chemistry input to EOR and AL Plans and projects.
• Leads the planning and interpretation of sampling and analysis related to Production Chemistry studies.
• Serves as ADNOC Onshore s Focal Point for evaluation of technologies related to Production Chemistry by arranging for trials, setting full field deployment plans and for Production Chemistry research projects with local and international universities.
• Provides high quality technical advices on stimulation recipes and well bore cleaning treatments.
• Responsible for material selection for wells and surface facilities by providing a support or participating in studies as needed. Cooperates with Drilling & Cement team on specific Production Chemistry issues related to drilling mud, completion brines and cement for different fields.
• Maintains contacts with chemical vendors on technical issues related to chemical treatments in the fields. Leads the development of contract strategies with specialized chemical vendors.
Qualifications. Experience. Knowledge & skills:
• Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry; Master is preferable.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 10 years of experience in chemical studies related to Oil and Gas with at least 5 first author publications and/or 5 co-author publications in journals or conference proceedings.