• Responsible for reservoir management issues encompassing field development optimization, workovers & recompletion, water flood practices and technology initiatives to enhance production and safeguards reserves
• Provide support applying appropriate technical Reservoir Engineering skill sets and experiences include reservoir description, simulation modelling, material balance modelling, reservoir fluid analysis, production data analysis and decline curve analysis, well performance modelling, well test interpretation and reserves determination
• Effective communication skills and well developed interpersonal/intercultural skills
Job Specific Accountabilities:
• Develop improved production and completion strategies, workover plans aimed at enhancing production.
• Analyse performance of existing wells / reservoirs & potential development concepts and recommend alternative Improved Recovery Options to enhance production & maximize recovery.
• Apply integrated approach involving geoscience, reservoir management, drilling & com pletion to properly assess wells / reservoirs performance, identify potential risks and uncertainties, develop mitigation actions including: optimization of wells locations, numbers, architectures and completion designs
• Design pilots / appraisal wells and data acquisition plans required to reduce risks and uncertainties and narrow down development options. Include business case for pilot implementation & data acquisition based on ‘value of information’.
• Design & analyses of SCAL / PVT laboratory studies.
• Participate in integrated reservoir characterization studies. Evaluate and optimize development schemes.
Use fundamental reservoir engineering techniques and integrate dynamic and static data to optimize sweep efficiency.
• Supervise / Conduct single well and sector model studies for performance evaluation of different completion designs & recovery processes.
General Accountabilities: Supervision
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with
ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management