The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be the Technical Interface of Supply Chain team with:-
1. Engineering function on TQs, TBEs, MRs & RQFs and lead Technical Work flow management
2. Product Management on NPI, NCI, DtC, DFMA and VA/VE projects
3. Project Management on Completeness & Timeliness of TQ/TBE closure with suppliers
4. Quality Function to maintain Supplier Scorecard with necessary process and audit rigor.
5. Within Supply Chain organization
a. Lead New Supplier development
b. Drive Sustainable Cost Out initiatives on the reference configurations of portfolio
c. ITO cost competitiveness on new project bids in the region
d. Support Fulfillment team (Buyer/Expeditors) and MFG to achieve OTR Productivity
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (may include, but are not limited to)
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist demonstrates leadership in interfacing with cross functional teams to develop and prioritize technical needs for supplier development by product, commodity category and part description &/or number and works with Sourcing team to develop the sourcing strategy to drive continuous (i.e sustainable) cost competitiveness and/or anticipate and overcome supply chain constraints.
• Be the Supply chain technical interface between In-house Engineering Functions (Application, Design and Manufacturing) and Supplier s engineers to ensure scope, spec and quality compliance.
• Drive & co-define documentation best practices with engineering.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing, procurement and manufacturing teams with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery
• Provide technical support to commodity sourcing and buyer team (Engineered Systems, Process Equipment Packages, E&I, Mech. Systems & Miscl. Bulk etc.)
• Market Research to identify potential suppliers
• Maintain Supplier status and drive qualification processes with quality organization
• Continuous Improvement Program to assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment.
• Ensure suppliers can meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components
• Keep up with manufacturing and engineering trends that can impact NPIs
View Us On LinkedIn
Manage Your Applications