3. JOB PURPOSE:
Analyses Refinery Plant operations, maintenance and sustainability strategies and assists in formulating the
Plant five-year strategies to reflect the Company Corporate strategy.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities Performance Improvement:
• Reviews operational and technical data related to manpower, production, Turnaround and operating costs and recommends cost reduction and productivity improvement proposals.
• Analyses losses, production volume and quality and cost, suggests measurement strategies, remedial and control measures and reports the results to the Section Head.
• Translates the Company commercial and strategic objectives into technical and operational Plant guidelines.
• Reviews plant operation practices, severity limits, energy efficiencies and maintenance practices to establish optimum cycle lengths, Turnaround strategies, energy consumption targets, and equipment revamp and replacement strategies.
• Develops methodologies and frameworks for the implementation of Plant strategies for departments and sections.
• Introduces strategic initiatives within the parameters of Company’s Business Strategy.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual strategy execution plan, such as defining initiatives and distributing responsibilities.
Coordination and Interface Activities:
• Coordinates the implementation of the Plant strategy initiatives with counterparts in other OPCO’s within
• Offers technical advice to the Plant sections on strategy issues.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with
ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management