Specialist, Upstream Data Archival
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we re bringing energy to life.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was established on the 27th November 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Since its establishment, ADNOC has steadily enhanced its competitive position through its sound business interest in 18 specialist subsidiary and joint venture companies in addition to educational institutions, known as the ADNOC Group of Companies.
Today, ADNOC manages and oversees oil production of more than 3.1 million barrels per day (bpd), ranking it amongst the top ten oil and gas producing companies in the world. In the last few years, significant achievements have been in the expansion and development of gas fields to meet the growing needs and development plans of Abu Dhabi, and in our bid to support the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, which seeks diversification of Abu Dhabi s energy supplies
ADNOC is committed to recruiting the best talent the UAE has to offer, and accordingly UAE Nationals will be preferred. All expressions of interest will be treated confidentially
Recommends development of Upstream historic data management systems and services in line with technological developments. Formulates historic data management processes and workflows in line with ADNOC data governance standards. Advises for the development of policies and procedures for restricted and confidential data according to Oil & Gas industry standards. Evaluates scope of works and flow of ongoing projects. Enhance data indexing and search features to optimize the data request process. Prepares management reporting in terms of activities and project cycles. Ensures safety, security and confidentiality of data.
• Perform historic data management activities in accordance with customer, company, contract, and regulatory requirements.
• Develop process improvements for historic data management activities.
• Establishment and advise for the development of policies and procedures for restricted and confidential data in Upstream Data Center (UDC) in line with Upstream Oil & Gas industry standards.
• Formulates data management processes and workflows for the historic data archives in line with ADNOC data governance standards.
• Support development, enhancement and maintenance of multiple datasets.
• Evaluate datasets for consistency, completeness, accuracy and reasonableness.
• Interact with customers and other teams to obtain data requirements for new and existing applications.
• Audit data on a regular basis and ensure data integrity.
• Manage the regular report running schedule and process.
• Perform data analysis using statistical tools.
• Generate data reports on periodic basis for management and customers.
• Identify and correct data indexing & data entry errors.
• Record completed data entry forms and requests as needed.
• Present data management updates at internal and customer meetings.
• Address any issues, questions and problems in accurate and timely manner.
• Create a database for storing data dictionaries and troubleshooting problems
Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
Provide input for preparation of the Unit / Department / Section budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
Implement approved Unit/ Department/ Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Unit/ Department/ Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures, controls, applicable legislation, and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
Provide inputs to prepare MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor s Degree in Business administration or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years experience in Upstream Data Management discipline in the Oil and Gas industry with good exposure to information management.
• Sound knowledge in operation, planning and administration.
• Exposure to multi data types and classification.
• Good and sound knowledge of Upstream data formats.