Specials Design Engineer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
What's the role?
The Specials Design Engineer role will be responsible for designing, calculating and documenting special product solutions to complement the Hilti BU Installation product range as needed in selected projects. This can include custom designed products or selecting catalogue items from different vendors. Furthermore, the role is responsible to procure these products from different suppliers and align the needed product features with the capabilities of the supply network.
Who is Hilti?
If you re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we re looking to expand, we re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
In this role you will be expected to develop, calculate, and design special products to complement Hilti s BU Installation product range, while taking into consideration the cost per needs when developing special products. You will also be responsible to creating handling instructions for special products as well as assembly instructions for fastening products. You will be responsible for the complete detail engineering performance to specification of designed product.
In this role you will be expected to work closely with the Hilti sales force, Bidding & Proposal Manager, Product Management, Development and Supply team in Headquarters to understand and evaluate the needs for special product solutions, and get up to date know how on product development and supply engineering. You will also need to collaborate and coordinate with external parties such as universities, laboratories, and consulting engineers, as well as be able to negotiate boundary conditions with suppliers. Additionally, you will be expected to drive the technical specifications and cost of goods sold (COGS) target from your interaction with the Hilti Sales force and other internal parties and then be able to align them with capabilities of suppliers
You will be responsible to select catalog products from different vendors that fulfill customer requirements as instructed from the Hilti Project Management Office team. You will write test specifications for developed special products as well plan and release product specials based on Hilti process landscape.
Finally, you will be required to conduct process audits at suppliers based on Hilti process landscape as well as be involved in the search for new suppliers for the product portfolio of BU installation, in addition to handling any other duties as needed or assigned.
We re proud to rank in Great Places to Work as one of the world s best multinational workplaces.
What do we offer?
Show us what you re made of and we ll offer you opportunities to move around the business to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you re after.
Year upon year we are recognised as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter where you re from.
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognized as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter where you re from
What you need is:
• Must have proven communication skills, that can be utilized for both field teams and internal functions (local & global), as well as customer interaction (via phone, email and occasionally face-to-face) and supplier interaction.
• Strong analytical, conceptual and implementation skills
• Knowledge of product development processes as well as familiarity with some key manufacturing technologies such as metal roll forming and stamping bending
• Experience in development of sheet metal products
• Strong organizational skills: Must be able to organize multiple projects
• Ability to work in interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams
• Good computer skills:
• Windows based MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Power Point.
• Proven experience in handling of 3D CAD system - -(UNIGRAPHICS and SolidWorks is an added advantage)
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
• 5 years minimum experience in engineering, product development or related technical field with 2-3 years minimum experience as product developer or supply engineer related to mechanical product development.
• Travel will be 15% or less within this role. Role will be located in Dubai -UAE
• Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
We are looking forward to receiving your application.