3. JOB PURPOSE:
Provides specialist support, guidance and backup to line management in planning, preparing and implementing a series of activities within the field of Learning & Development, which relates to Training, Career Development, Competency Management, Professional Career Ladder and Succession Planning to aid in the skill enhancement of the company workforce in line with company business requirements and the need to achieve Emiratization.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities
Undertakes any combination of activities within Learning & Development as follows:
• Assist in implementation of the training objectives and ensure proper utilization of resources and enabling the Company to have effective/ efficient process for learning & development (L&D).
• Identify best practices from external industrial training organizations and innovative teaching methods making staff development more effective, providing templates for Subject Matter Specialists, and using the promotion of technology and multimedia as tools to enhance instruction and development.
• Suggest alternatives for the management of the Trainer/Supplier relationship for key areas of course delivery.
• Participates in managing the assigned projects, lead the detailed Training Needs Analysis and conduct study to revamp, in order to achieve continuous improvement in key areas as identified.
• Enhance the existing Learning & Development concepts, encompassing course materials and other learning materials, as well as providing support on leadership and talent management activity.
• Monitor options in assistance to the planning and execution of in-house training and external training to ensure staff development as per the competence system.
• Suggest alternatives to ensure a professional, accurate and customer focused service are provided in the identification of needs and the delivery of learning and development solutions to meet individual and business needs.
• Review the current training courses evaluation process to ensure effectiveness in collecting, receiving and analysing received feedback from employees or course organizers.
• Initiates and analyzes individual development programs for UAE National employees and determines program implementation methods and schedules in coordination with Management of concerned Divisions.
• Monitors, reviews and analyses progress of UAE National Employees and reports results to the Company’s
• Conducts interviews for UAE National developees and prepares an individual assessment report to Management, which includes comprehensive information such as employee’s background, achievements, experience, assessment of the employee’s abilities, attitudes and interests.
• Monitors the implementation of the orientation for UAE National developees, including the overall orientation process.
• Initiates and finalizes, in coordination with concerned line management, a specific career development plan to ensure systematic attainment of the developee’s target job. Coordinates training plans, including English Language training both locally and abroad for UAE National Developees.
• Instructs, advises and counsels newly employed UAE Nationals to ensure thorough awareness and
understanding of company’s objectives.
• Reviews and analyzes Developee Progress Reports related to development plan requirements. Provides feedback and recommends remedial action and /or plan modifications, if required.
• Liaises with business leadership to develop and establish competency models and career paths within the
organisation to promote employees’ capabilities in line with strategic initiatives.
• Assists the Section Head and works with Department Manager to identify competency gaps in the company and to develop training strategies and plans to address needs.
• Implements competency based individual development programmes for UAE national employees to facilitate the achievement of Emiratisation targets.
• Provides guidance and advises on the design and implementation of on-the-job training (OJT) programmes for each divisions whilst contributing to the analyses of programme results.
• Tracks Competency Assurance Programs (YDP) for the UAE national employees in accordance with the
company’s Competency Based Training (CBT) Systems.
Youth Development Programme System (YDP):
• Implements YDP based training programmes for UAE national employees in line with the CO.- Corporate Competency System in order to contribute to the achievement of the strategic corporate Emiratisation objectives.
• Ensures the timely development and implementation of all YDP based training programmes are in line with the defined schedules to actually meet the business requirements.
• Participates in and provides technical advice on the implementation of on the job training programmes for each division, while managing the analyses of programme results and revising those accordingly to improve the programmes in line with business requirements continuously
• Tracks YDP for the UAE national employees in accordance with the CO.’s Youth Development
• Develops PDPs (Personal Development Plans) and reviews for all YDP candidates in accordance with
• Facilitates the implementation of assessment and verification process to meet company’s requirement as
per the guidelines.
Professional Career Ladder:
• Administers Professional Career Ladder programs for the company employees and schedules assessment for employees in coordination with own concerned Divisions.
• Provides guidance to Employees/Line Managers on the proper application of Professional Career Ladder policies and entitlements.
• Advises on the implementation of training requirements for employees as planned in their Professional
Career Ladder programs, including identification of their training needs as appropriate.
• Initiates Employees’ Progress Reports review and remedial actions to ensure smooth implementation of Professional Career Ladder programs. Includes recieving the progress of employees in PCL System, participating in the review and analyses of such reports and providing periodic feedback of the results to company’s Management.