The ideal candidate
will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
The CMM will have several key responsibilities within the 3rd party Marketplace side of the business, including:
• Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience and maximize unit and GMS growth through timely analysis and action.
• Business Development: You will work closely with Marketplace teams to help recruit strategic sellers and drive sales in new categories.
• Seller management: Identify and lead new Seller partnerships, manage large Sellers and enhance overall Seller experience with better self-service and reporting resources.
• Project management: Lead a variety of projects that both impact your categories, and the broader business.
• Customer Experience: Innovate with our sellers to drive optimal customer experience across your categories.
The successful CMM must be able to:
• Act as the business owner for his/her categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives)
• Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
• Manage seller relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds from top sellers
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets. Identify the right referral fee for different category segments to maximize topline growth.