Closely work with our software and application development teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each department.
• Submit reports to management that outline the changing data needs of the company and come up with related solutions.
• Designs, implements and maintains moderately complex databases.
• Leads implementation of data warehouse and related data marts (e.g., staging and production, table development, extranet, transfer and load processes, and aggregation processes and data validation)
5 to 7 years
5 years of exp. in a data analysis, working on data integration, data modelling and metadata management.
• BSC of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, or Information Systems.
• Exp. with ODI
• Exp. with Agile/Scrum is valuable
• Exp. with data modeling tools especially ERWin, Enterprise Architect, and Visio
• NoSQL Databases and cloud computing
• Hadoop technologies, like MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
• Machine learning
• Programming languages, especially Python and Java, as well as C/C and Perl
• Operating systems, including UNIX, Linux, Solaris, and MS Windows
• Backup/Archiving software
• Application server software, especially Oracle