Area of responsibility:
Borouge lead for all aspects of Occupational Health in relation to the Borouge HSE Management System for Production and Marketing Companies across Borouge Corporate Facilities and Businesses, in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
In addition, critically assess Company s Occupational Health performance, develops strategic and operational plans, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with ADNOC Codes of Practice, applicable local legislation, accepted international standards and ensures continual performance improvement by adopting industry best practices .
• Based on Company HSE performance, develops Occupational Health processes that address accepted International standards and applicable legislation, ADNOC Codes of Practice and Borouge HSE Management System requirements, and apply to all areas of Borouge Production and Marketing facilities, across Asia Pacific and Middle East, ensuring improvement in HSE is measured and delivered.
• To develop and lead the implementation of HSE Improvement Program such as: Workplace noise and hearing conservation, Heat stress management, Radiation safety, Indoor Air Quality, Chemical exposure management, OH campaigns and other initiatives.
• To assess OH risks, both qualitatively and quantitatively, for all Borouge activities assessment (OHRA); to determine the potential exposure to and routes of absorption of OH hazard agents and setup control measures to reduce exposures and mitigate the risk.
• Responsible for developing OH monitoring programs, detailing strategies, scope, methodologies and ensuring their full implementation based on state of art techniques and applicable local and international standards & regulations.
• Work in conjunction with Loss Prevention HSE Engineers, HSE coordinators, and other concerned HSE positions as required, focusing on Planning and Act aspects of the P.D.C.A. continual improvement cycle, to develop operational plans that can be practically executed by other responsible stakeholders at Ruwais and other work locations.
• To implement updated applicable Occupational Exposure Limit (OEL) limit values as specified by ADNOC CoPs, local regulation, or international standards as applicable.
• To ensure that all feasible and practical control measures are identified and implemented for OH hazards identified on case to case basis as per hierarchy of control.
• To develop proper OH Illness case statistic and to improve & prevent OH Illness cases in Borouge day-to-day activities; working closely with Borouge Medical Services Team and Ruwais ADNOC Hospital Occupational Health Physician.
• To produce technical reports as and when required including methodology applied for OH monitoring, control measures, OH data management and analysis;
• Work in conjunction with Crisis Management Specialist, ensuring all serious potential occupational health issues are considered and effectively mitigated through emergency planning.
Provide technical advice on OH issues or risks for new Projects and for process modifications, ensuring all occupational health risks are identified and controlled appropriately. Co-ordinate OHRA studies and resulting findings into the Borouge HSEMS. Support HSEIA studies for facility expansions.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
8 or more years experience, including at least 5 years in Occupational Health or medical occupations.
Advanced knowledge of operational risk assessments.
Good understanding of Occupational Health & Industrial Hygiene related standards, methodologies and International Best practices.
Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health, Environment, or equivalent medical disciplines.