IIS Field Engineering is currently seeking a Radar Software Engineer for an international assignment in UAE supporting the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) UAE Radar System. In this role, the Radar Software Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving radar system anomalies (e.g. REX, BSG, Antenna/Sub-Array/TRIMMs) using engineering test methodologies and software tools. The Software Engineer will also interpret diagnostics and satellite tracks to assess overall health of the radar as well as assist in providing weekly reports on the status of engineering. The Software Engineer will execute data archival and assist in software installation; comply with all QA and Automated Logistics Control System (ALCS) reporting requirements associated with providing accurate and complete data in a timely manner.
Provides technical support for configuration management of hardware and software. Provides technical support for site radar systems issues and leads those troubleshooting efforts as needed or directed by CLS manager. Reviews all ALCS program data to insure that all required data has been entered to include ITR s, calibration records, PMCS, and other areas as required and contains sufficient information for Failure Review Board evaluations. In summary, the Radar Software Engineer is responsible for the health and status of the radar.
Please note This role will require a US Expat to forward deploy to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) under the terms of an MOU/Long Term International Assignment managed by Raytheon International Assignment Services (IAS).
This position will be in UAE.
CURRENT ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLERANCE REQUIRED.
Candidate must have a current US Driver s License.
Must meet overseas medical deployment qualifications.
Must be able to work in an extreme desert heat environment.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in technical engineering support of field operations working with radar system software and operations in assessing and correcting faulty equipment.
• Knowledge of radar theory and experience with Radar X-Band hardware/software concepts, RF systems, troubleshooting, and reading/utilizing hardware schematics.
• Extensive experience with LINUX or other UNIX based OS platforms (Solaris, HP-UX, etc.)
• Experience in maintaining and providing engineering assessment and corrective actions on faulted equipment, and installation and testing of engineering modifications/updates
• Ability to be flexible with related work assignments to include deployment to work locations at various sites internationally.
• Documented experience on DOD or Missile Defense Program.
• Must be experienced with MATLAB for data analysis.
• Must be experienced with Linux and x86 Servers.
• Must be proficient with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
• Must be experienced and familiar with the tools and test equipment commonly used in electronic installation, maintenance and test.
• Familiarity with Network equipment configuration/setup ( Cisco routers , switches etc.)
• Ability to be flexible with related work assignments.
• Demonstrated excellence in past work performance.
• Experience using design, debug, and test hardware/software.
• Knowledge of analog/digital hardware design.
• Experience with radar hardware maintenance activities such as LRU R and R s.
• Experience with scripting languages such as C shell, Perl, Python, etc.
• Excellent teaming skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work under stress, able to support across multiple disciplines, and flexible to travel to support the radar.
• Self-starter proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
• Certified Six Sigma Specialist.
• Experience working in the Middle East and with international customers.
• Masters of Science in an Engineering discipline.
• Six years experience in the troubleshooting and operational checkout of AN/TPY-2 systems.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics field with at least 6 years documented experience. Or an Associate s degree in a technical field with 10 years relevant experience. May substitute experience for education. (i.e., Tech Trade School and 10 years of experience, no degree 14 years of experience).