The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company s success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization s objectives and market position. Your deep and broad process and/or transformation knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG s future.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading Transformation, Continuous Improvement, and Operational Excellence across AIG Operations. You will be for working with the Global Process Owners accountable for developing and operationalizing end to end process transformation roadmaps. Another key tenet of this role also involves working with the Regional Operating Leaders to stand up a sustainable Continuous Improvement program across AIG Operations and drive a culture of operational excellence. We are seeking a driven leader and effective problem solver, one who is energized by the prospect of what can be vs. what is the current state. An individual who builds strategies and offers recommendations substantiated with data and can lead the delivery of implementation of such recommendations. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced global environment where new ideas are encouraged. This role will report to the Operational Excellence Lead, AIG Operations.
About the role
• Leader with proven ability to navigate through an organization to get things done , set strategic direction and define priorities. Effective in managing/influencing remote/virtual teams.
• Works across functional, organizational and business boundaries, ensuring the entire process delivers the desired service level standard. Often this entails client-side leadership to recommend and negotiate improvements or changes in the overall process design or systems design.
• Excellent problem solving abilities, in practical way, to balance between addressing root cause and introducing changes in fast order.
• Excited with change, and has successful track record in driving change in complex environment. Data driven and oriented, with ability to focus on key elements that drive difference.
• Provides project management and execution support for large strategic initiatives that will shape the future of AIG Operations
• Work with the Global Process Owners to help develop strategy and implement end to end process transformation roadmap for in-scope processes
• Design and work with the Regional Operating Leaders to implement a Continuous Improvement program as a sustained discipline and practice within AIG Operations across all locations
• Leader who embraces new ways of working and technology. Ability to identify and drive solutions to improve the end customer experience.
• Ability to drive Change Management within all levels of AIG, building buy in through listening and responding to potential concerns.
• A change agent and champion who will lead and drive change
• Invested in the development of a future state that will raise the bar on the service experience delivered to our end customers
• Collaborates and influences cross-functionally both internal and external stakeholders, including senior executives, to drive change.
• Data driven decision maker who utilizes data to direct decision making
• Participate in Operating and Steering Committees to provide timely and transparent status updates and manage delivery risks high level of communication skills required.
• Solutions focused leader who focuses on root cause and looks across multiple processes for effective resolution and permanent improvement.
• Develop and execute plans to improve customer satisfaction and overall quality.
• Must be proactive in managing issues by anticipating the outcome of the process and ensuring all necessary steps have been taken.
• Model and coach others on Operational Excellence.
• Identify gaps and facilitate training needs within the organization.
What we are looking for
• Experience with large complex transformations, that requires strategic thinking and ability to see through execution.
• Deep skills and experience in project management
• Keen ability to identify and implement improvement and transformation opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
• Proven leader with ability to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on Transformation and Continuous Improvement vision and objectives
• Demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional results, with an ability to speak to process improvements and specific results achieved.
• Metric oriented, with a track record of delivering value add solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
• Inclusive leader who fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion
• Lean / Six Sigma experience preferred
• BA/BS degree required.
• MBA/MS/Professional degree preferred.
• Strategic thinker with experience and a passion for driving results.
• Self-starter that is comfortable working in a dynamic program environment that includes a degree of ambiguity. Willing to dive in as part of the team to get the job done.
• Analytical, creative thinking combined with quantitative and relationship building skills.
• Ability to analyze data, determines root cause, and provides and/or develops an appropriate solution for resolution.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple and competing priorities.
• Proactive problem-solving ability with solutions oriented attitude.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment and make decisions while considering client requirements.
• Ability to travel on occasion as needed.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG MEA Limited