The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and will support the preparation of financial and operating reports along with responsibility for accounting activities, often including general accounting, accounts payable, taxes, statutory requirements and labor reporting.
Key responsibilities include the following areas:
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations
• Process journal entries, as well as invoices and payments
• Ensure adherence to global and local accounting policies, procedures and processes
• Assist the Accounting Manager in developing capital and operating budgets and continually monitors their progress
• Ensures that general ledgers and financial statements for the Tunis facility are prepared punctually and accurately
• Ensures compliance with local regulatory requirements, including ensuring accurate and timely statutory filings
• Ensures appropriate financial controls are implemented and maintained across the business to minimize risk
• Reviews and analyzes results and prepares commentaries as required
• Interacts as needed with the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function of the Business Unit and Corporate team
• Leads capital expenditure assessments including financial justification
• Works together / share knowledge with the Accounting teams in other Vistaprint locations in order to deliver best practices
• Oversight of accounting operational areas such as accounts payable, as well as the staff accounting team.
• will be working to support/back up payroll specialist and customer refunds within several entities of the group.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of financial experience in multi-national companies, with experience in a service center environment a plus. The person's background should include core competencies in IFRS and US GAAP accounting, statutory reporting, and SOX compliance.
The Staff Accountant will have a well-rounded leadership and management background, including:
• Ability to work cross-functionally (across operating functions and geographic locations)
• Experience with large ERP system required; SAP experience preferred;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting required,
Additional characteristics and personal attributes will include:
• Fluent in English and French,
• Unwavering ethical behavior combined with unmatched passion, commitment and drive for quality excellence
• Adaptable style that is comfortable within a high energy, action oriented culture
• Natural ability to work collaboratively with an a communication style that is direct and transparent
Strength of character and convictions to professionally challenge executive decisions when appropriate
Accounts Payable, Accounting, ERP, Law, Payroll, Finance, Technology, Legal