· To exercise general control over all activities in stores department
· Received and inspects all incoming and outgoing material and reconciles with purchase orders, sales order, invoices etc.
· Processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders, sales order, reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies’ on orders received.
· Makes inter-plant deliveries of requested goods and merchandise and maintains records of all deliveries.
· To ensure safe keeping both as to quality and quantity of materials.
· To check and receive purchased materials forwarded by the receiving department and to arrange for the storage in appropriate places.
· To reserve a particular material for a specific job when so required.
· To issue materials only in required quantities against authorized requisition notes/material lists.
· Fills supply requisitions, assists buyer to order adequate merchandise and supplies and delivers orders to management and staff.
· Receives, stores tags and tracks all goods and material.
· Receives and stores documents and confidential files, maintains record of approved document.
· Handles and documents storage and transportation of hazardous materials.
· Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a near and orderly manner.
· Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts and deliveries.
· To maintain proper records.
· To check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, pilferage etc.
· Maintaining information, files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with establish company policies and regulatory guidelines.
· Maintaining confidentially of all data/information manages such as products, prices, vendor/Supplier information, customer information etc. this is not to be moved, shared or disclosed to any party except to those individuals who are authorized by the management.