A Store Manager manages all activities necessary to the efficient operations of the store and provide prompt and courteous service to customers in order to maximize sales and customer service, so as to promote the company’s image of quality and professionalism. He/she works in close collaboration with supporting departments and directs the Assistant Manager, Sales Supervisors, Sales Assistants and all other employees essential to the efficient operations of the store.
• Ensure sales targets are achieved by driving sales and services, store operations and product management through the team.
• Provide feedback on the financial performance of the store, taking the necessary action where applicable
• Organize and lead team meetings on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis for all important matters related to sales, stock, service, performance, maintenance, audit, IT and commerciality
• Set team objectives and the means to measure them. Define and monitor each team member’s assignment and responsibilities in line with the focus areas using KPI’s such as ATV, IPC and conversion rates
• Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing frequent feedback to team members.
• Manage stock levels and ensures availability of best-selling lines. Provide manual stock request whenever necessary, monitor stock and give seasonal feedback
• Plan any upcoming sale and promotional activity and ensures availability of stock, permit, layout and manpower in line with the store requirement and sales targets.
• Analyze commercial report on a weekly basis through department report and take necessary actions to maximize sales.
• Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent customer service in line with the brand DNA, standards and guidelines
• Give direction and find solutions for store issues that arise from staff or customers such as grievances, complaints, store or mall issues.
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety at workplace and local mall regulations.
• Complete store administration and ensure compliance with Brand guidelines and company policies and procedures.
• Ensure visual merchandising guidelines are adhered to reflects the brand image.
• Monitor staff scheduling and zoning to ensure sales are maximized. Drive ‘Service, add on sales, IPC, ATV’ through effective coaching and observation, while ensuring company service levels are met.
• Provide input on any key factors influencing sales e.g. pricing, sizing. Give regular feedback on the local market, i.e trends and competitor activity.
• Ensure that the store is managed supporting the business objectives in each area/ zone of the store.
• Motivate employees to achieve company goals and surpass their personal sales goals.
• Ensures that all personnel practice professional salesmanship according to company policies and procedures, in order to achieve maximum sales and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and enforces loss prevention and security policies, credit policies and procedures, i.e. credit cards, check approvals, employee purchases, deposit logs, return and exchange policies.
• Ensures stockroom is neat and well organized, merchandise is always up to date, recalls are properly executed and controls damages and mixes according to company policies.
• Communicates stock replenishment needs to Operations Manager, Distribution and Buying departments.
• Implements all company training programs effectively in order to train and develop personnel.
• Evaluates team members once a year and conducts six yearly reviews too.
Qualifications - Management Degree,
Experience - 5-6 years’ experience in a Retail environment with minimum 2 years’ experience in a Management role.
Knowledge/Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Basic IT skills
Language (Job Specific) - Excellent verbal communication skills English being a prerequisite
Physical Requirements (For Showroom & Warehouse Jobs) - Ability to carry out manual duties, stand for long periods of time and lift light to medium loads