• Respect for Diversity
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
• Creative Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Inclusive Collaboration
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women s Core Values and Competencies:
• Ability to communicate sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies
• Good knowledge of web-based knowledge management systems
• Good understanding of production, graphic design and photography standards
• Good knowledge of social media platforms and experience in social media outreach
• Good knowledge of local country media landscape
• Good communication, presentation, networking and advocacy skills
• Ability to be strategic and analytical
• Knowledge of gender and human rights issues desirable.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
• Master s Degree in Public Policy, media, or journalism or related field;
• A bachelor's degree in communications, international affairs, public policy, journalism, or relevant field.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant national working experience in the area of communications;
• Proven record of producing communications products;
• Expert knowledge of social media management and monitoring: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• Proven experience in developing media and communication strategies;
• Strong network with national media organizations;
• Public policy experience is preferable;
• Previous work on women s agenda is preferable.
• Fluency in Arabic and English is required (written and oral).
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558 . Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UN Women applies a fair and transparent selection process that takes into account both the technical qualification of potential consultants as well as the financial proposals submitted in support of consultant applications.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
Cumulative analysis: When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical criteria.
Technical Criteria weight: 70%
Financial Criteria Weight: 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria Weight Technical: 70%
• Education: Master s Degree in Public Policy, media, or journalism or related field and BA in communications, international affairs, public policy, journalism, or relevant field (20)
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant national working experience in the area of communications (20)
• Proven record of producing communications products (10)
• Expert knowledge of social media management and monitoring: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. (10)
• Proven experience in developing media and communication strategies (5)
• Strong network with national media organizations (5)
Financial: Lowest financial proposal (30%) The Financial officer must be a Lumpsum all-inclusive ; (all costs including any travel or transportation related expenses ...etc.).
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical). The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
(Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30
*"Lowest Bid Offered" refers to the lowest price offered by Offer or scoring at least 49 points in technical evaluation.
Candidates must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
• Personal CV;
• UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment ;
• 3 References/letters of recommendations from previous recent employers
• Education certificates.
• Health certificate signed and stamped.
Please note: All documents have to be uploaded in 1 single file.