Premi re Urgence Internationale is an NGO resulting from the merger of Aide M dicale Internationale (AMI) and Premi re Urgence (PU) in 2011. AMI arrived in Darfur in 2004 with primary health actions. The project consisted of support to health centers and the deployment of mobile clinics. Then in 2006, AMI expanded to Shaeria and
For 2020, the major objective of PUI and TGH is to bring about strong sectoral improvements in Health, Education and Water, Hygiene and Sanitation in several villages of Al Abbasiya sub-district (South Kordofan).
In this context PUI is looking for a strong and experienced head of mission.
Click here for more information about our response to the crisis.
As part of our actions in Sudan , we are looking for a Field Coordinator in Kadugli.
The Field Coordinator (FC) is responsible for the proper functioning of the South Kordofan base, and proper implementation of all programmes activities in the intervention areas.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
• Safety and Security : In collaboration with the head of mission and with the support of both the logistics coordinator and the Admin/Fin coordinator, s/he is responsible for the safety of the staff and mission assets, and also monitors humanitarian access constraints.
• Programmes : S/he is accountable for an adequate definition and efficient implementation of the projects. S/he ensures the coordination between the support teams (administration, information management and log), the implementation teams and the coordinators in order to timely and qualitatively guarantee that the objectives and results of the projects are reached. S/He preventively identifies issues, gaps and delays that may impede the correct implementation of the projects and proposes mitigation plan to the HoM.
• Human Resources : S/he supervises all the teams in the base, composed of national and international staff. S/he is responsible to coordinate and develop a capacity building plan to promote the development of the staff.
• Logistical, administrative and financial support : S/he oversees the logistical, administrative and financial components of the base for the purpose of programme implementation, and ensures compliance with the relevant procedures, with substantive support from logistics coordinator, and the administrative coordinator of the mission.
• Representation : S/he represents PUI towards the stakeholders of the area (such as donors, authorities, international/local NGOs).
• Coordination : S/he centralises and disseminates information from/to the base, and consolidates the internal and external reporting activities implemented in the intervention areas before submitting them to the head of mission.
• Assessment/ Strategy/development : S/he participates in strategy development and proposes new interventions in function of needs identified in the intervention areas. S/he actively contributes to seek funding opportunities and leads the proposal development process at base level, in close cooperation with coordination.
• Audit : S/he is responsible for the compliance with internal procedures of PUI, external donors rules, as well as the national law.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCES
• MA/S or equivalent in social science, programme management, international development preferred;
• At least 1 year experience in a similar Field Co Position
• At least 1 year experience in humanitarian context involving populations displacement
• Experience working with a variety of donors;
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies required.
• Project Management skills
• Team Management
• Ability to represent PUI as per the recommendations of the HoM and ensure an efficient and proactive coordination with other actors.
• Pack Office skills
Skills and Personal Characteristics
• Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility;
• Ability to withstand pressure;
• Sense of diplomacy;
• Analytical skills;
• Capacity to adapt and showing organisational flexibility;