To manage the operation of the Supermarket and ensure provision of a high level of service and profitability of the business
The main purposes for this job are:
• Managing the section, taking care of staff and resources availability in order to ensure cost effective operations and required level of service level
• Monitoring, systematically departmental costs, operational performance and alerting the Assistant/Director of impending issue
• Ensuring effective implementation of all corporate processes/procedures and standards such as hygiene, sanitation, and security and safety standards.
• Communicating to store personnel corporate standards and correspondent drivers of cost/service level, in order to facilitate and ensure proper behaviors
• Implementing loss prevention and shrink procedures, managing the inventory and taking measures to minimize damages, loss and thefts and optimizing stock turnover
• Supporting department managers in the planning, receiving/handling and replenishment operations with respect to the right level of stock on the shelves, periodic verification of expiration dates for Supermarket, order and cleanness.
• Ensuring proper implementation of visual merchandising recommendations and as needed adopt refinements imposed by store layout/infrastructure constraints/other constraints maintaining high standards of visual display and customer experience
• Ensuring timely delivery from Supermarket s suppliers and full coverage of the assortment defined by Merchandise
• Providing inputs to Logistics in order to optimize the replenishment and to Merchandise with respect to possible improvements of assortment/pricing/suppliers, given clients requests, local competitors and suppliers behavior
• Ensuring availability of sufficient levels of in-stock position on basics.
• Ensuring high store standards, apparel rack rules, end cap profile, signing, shelf labeling, etc.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should possess the following:
• Experience in the supervision and coordination of store department operations activities, including shrink monitoring and merchandise guidelines implementation control
• Previous experience working with large retailer within middle-east
• Proficient in written and spoken English communication
• Leadership & Coaching
• Developing Others
• Commercial Awareness
• Planning & Organisation
• Customer Service