To effectively manage Stores and Inventory control of aircraft parts, tools and equipment ensuring the adequacy and timeliness availability of needed components to secure the airworthiness of Air Arabia fleet and 3rd Party Aircrafts all in accordance with business requirements, GCAA rules and regulations, and Air Arabia policies, procedures and quality standards.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Manages daily stores and inventory activities ensuring all are performed, documented and recorded as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures with focus on safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in managing technical requirements and human factors considerations.
• Supports the Head of Maintenance in developing, and maintaining a set of policies, operating procedures and adequate system for managing the storage and inventory daily work.
• Co-designs and defines the set of standards and measures related to compliance with commercial, quality, as well as regulatory bodies agreed standards and procedures.
• Maintains an inspection system to record data of store activities, taking into consideration material shelf life, tools calibration, temperature and humidity control, especially in technical stores, 24/7 coverage of all stores functions, as well as timely reporting of all activities in accordance with agreed formats and circulation terms.
• Partners with Stakeholders in Engineering and Maintenance to ensure the adequacy and timely availability of necessary resources (manpower, facilities, components and spare parts, equipment, tools, etc.) to carry out planned and un-planned maintenance work.
• Monitors the stock level of frequently demanded items, such as wheels, batteries, oils, fluids etc. ensuring it is always as per agreed number;
• Manages the allocation and performance of the respective team to execute action plans in line with business operational needs and agreed targets.
• Supports the Head of Maintenance in managing, monitoring and evaluating the safety measures, facilities adequacy and cleanliness, storage conditions and needs, communication and overall performance of Stores.
• Supervises the execution of function related SLAs with manufacturers, vendors and suppliers in line with agreed objectives and KPIS;
• Assists the Head of Maintenance during the audit checks ensuring corrective measures (if any) are timely executed as per GCAA regulations and in accordance with approved quality standards.
• Works closely with the Head of Maintenance to identify and set the annual budget for the stores and inventory control operations and to cost-effectively manage the related expenditure.
• Educates and guides his/her team on how to comply with rules and regulations, formalities and procedures followed in carrying out maintenance tasks whilst monitoring and resolving any shortfalls that could potentially affect maintenance input and capability.
• Partners with Legal, Finance, HR and other cross-functional teams to carry out function-related work ensuring efficiency and timely delivery, this includes but is not limited to: recruitment, training, annual appraisals, rostering, attendance control, claims, payments, etc.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Bachelor degree in Management/Administration/Accounting or equivalent; alternately a diploma or certificate in a related field from a recognized institution combined with needed experience and exposure.
• Project Management certificate, alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
• Cost Control, Budgeting, Compliance, Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel is preferred.
• Fluent in English Language.
• Ability to obtain UAE Driver s License.
• 5+ years experience in any industry, 3 years of which in a similar capacity in Airlines industry under Aircrafts maintenance management, with 2 years at least leading the Stores and Inventory Section.
• Has necessary working experience and exposure to GCAA aircrafts maintenance rules and regulations.
• Experienced in leading and developing a team with heavy work-load schedules.
• A good knowledge in airline and Flight Operations formalities and standard regulations.
• Good exposure to Commercial/Quality Assurance /Safety/Internal & External Audit functional operations and practices related to and affecting aircrafts maintenance and components stores management.
• Experienced in designing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures and operating manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
• Experienced in executing and managing SLAs with successful delivery and results.
• High level of accuracy and attention to both results and details.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills.