Technology & Innovation
Sustainability, Sr Specialist (UAE national)
The Sustainability Sr. Specialist, reporting to the VP, Sustainability, is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of an integrated sustainability strategy, with associated goals designed to drive business results, reduce risk and ensure continuity and enhance brand value.
The candidate is expected to support data collection, analysis, and reporting for sustainability across ADNOC s Group of companies, supporting all ADNOC sustainability goals and objectives, and supporting the timely and accurate reporting of progress against key sustainability metrics.
As a member of the ADNOC Sustainability Group, they will partner with the VP Sustainability and Chief Technology Officer to:
• Review, prioritize and advise the VP Sustainability and CTO on the strategic goals and objectives of sustainability.
• Collect and analyse data across ADNOC s group of Companies and functions, in particular HSE, to baseline progress against key sustainability metrics.
• Develop sustainability project goals, objectives, initiatives, or strategies in collaboration with VP Sustainability.
• Assess or propose sustainability initiatives, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance.
• Monitor and track sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and flaring.
• Collect information about environmental emissions and issues to inform senior management.
• Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
• Identify or create new sustainability key performance indicators.
• Identify opportunities for energy efficiency and reduction, waste water management, flaring, or other sustainability issues.
• Provide technical or administrative support for sustainability programs or issues.
• Create or maintain plans or other documents related to sustainability projects.
• Develop reports or presentations to communicate the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives.
• Prepare ad hoc reporting and analyses for key metrics and special projects.
• Prepare summaries of sustainability progress and highlights.
• Create innovation dashboards to continuously monitor all innovation activities.
The successful candidate will have at least 7 years work experience in supporting sustainability initiatives, ideally in oil and gas and/or petrochemical industries.
The role will also require someone able to prioritise easily and work in a fast-paced env