• Solves server-related solving problems on a daily basis.
• In support of change management within the data center, provides the CSC with information about the enterprise virtual Environments.
• Support the vSphere environments including activities such as design, maintenance & troubleshooting.
• Support Citrix environment including virtual applications and VDI s
• Handle ongoing maintenance e.g., service pack installations, hot fixes, software upgrades, etc.
• Daily monitor and verifies all virtual environments are running smoothly.
• Monitor and follow up on the Virtual environment backups.
• Responsible of monitoring all virtual servers, VDI infrastructure and services.
• Management and updating of all virtual applications, virtual servers, VDI services.
• Co-ordinates work with vendors for support.
• Tests and deploys new virtual applications, virtual servers and VDI s.
• Knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks.
• Design and execute VBScript, PowerShell scripts to automate bulk tasks.
• Performing standard administration responsibilities
• Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the virtual environments.
• Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise equipment and infrastructure.
• Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science
• VCP certification would be beneficiary
• 3 years experience in related work
• Good Knowledge of MS Active Directory required.
• Knowledge of Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 administration.
• Practical experience with Server Virtualization.
• Experience in designing complex virtual infrastructure solutions in a mid-to-large scale data center.
• Experience with VMware, CITRIX virtualization
• Knowledge of Veeam Backup and replication.
• Knowledge in Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Have a general knowledge of server technologies, and network and enterprise storage technologies.
• Good communication skills & Report Writing Skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
• Strong problem solving, testing, and network troubleshooting skills
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Infrastructure&Core Techno. Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED