Systems Analyst Programmer-Banner SIS
Support of Ellucian Banner software, the University s information system, responsible for all aspects of developing, programming, integration, reporting, testing and implementation of applications to support Banner Student SIS
The Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for the application system interfaces to various ancillary software, including the data integration and synchronization between systems; analyzing user needs and developing solutions to meet user requirements; provide user training for questions pertaining to the users use of program systems, data access tools and data files; develop reports using database reporting products; and work closely with various technical and functional departments as needed.
Additionally, aid in the process of implementing and support of CRM Recruit SaaS.
Required Experience and Skills :
• Strong working knowledge and experience with Banner SIS - Minimum 5 years
• Bachelor s degree Computer Science and Engineering with appropriate related work experience
• Highly motivated to work independently and effectively under pressure.
• Knowledge and experience working with Oracle Database Server
• Experience in higher education information technology support.
• Strong SQL language programming and query optimization skills
• Relational database design and normalization experience.
• Knowledge of entity relational database structures, Linux operating system, database triggers, SQL and PL/SQL are essential
• Strong problem solving skills. Ability to perform within deadlines and ability to work and participate in a team environment.
• Procedural programming experience. Importing and configuration of SSL Certificates
• Excellent information gathering, research, and reporting skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• ITIL Experience.
• Experince with Learning Management System Canvas will be an advantage
• Experience in Evisions Argos reporting platform will be an advantage
• Coordinate with the vendor implementation team and administer enterprise software solutions (on-premises and SaaS)- Ellucian Banner, Maximize the usefulness and performance of assigned systems and integration points. Deploy new modules, upgrades and fixes to assigned software applications and systems. Assist in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance
• Using Java, PLSQL, SQL, Linux and Windows scripting and other programming and scripting languages, develop custom enterprise software solutions, system integrations and interfaces where necessary and appropriate.
• Perform software testing, including error handling. Develop user guides and training documentation
• Gather requirements and assess functional needs to help improve processes. Provide technical consultation on processes and systems. Translate end user behavior into recommended improvements in features and functionality.
• Provide Database Administration for assigned systems, including Oracle and SQL Server.
• Following generally accepted practices in programming and software development, develop system interfaces and system integrations.
• Support of CRM Recruit Saas
• Work with software vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions.
• Design, create and manage database structures for development, testing and production.
• Effectively communicate with customers in an appropriate level of detail.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Provides consultation, development and project management assistance to departments that want to acquire and implement external platforms and third-party software to enhance university operations
• Troubleshoot issues with Banner and other related enterprise software, reconcile users data and processing problems and coordinate inter-office projects and data dependency issues. Resolve issues to the satisfaction of the requestor.