Systems Engineer- Cairo Area Egypt
*Please note we are looking for a Sales Engineer located in the Cairo Egypt Area with a background in Networking
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The SE provides specific technology/product consulting, technical sales support for major account opportunities, performs in-depth and high-level technical presentations for various departments / locations at the global account and potential affiliated businesses. The SE also performs technical consulting, support for RFI/RFP responses and upper level management and/or in-depth presentations on Extreme Networks technology solutions in context of the Global Account.
You will also be required to participate as a specialist on an assigned virtual team. Travel is required.
• Good presentation skills (native language and English)
• Strong, successful pre-sales engineering track record in the industry and territory in a similar position is necessary
• Understand Data center & Campus fabric designs using Clos based designs knowledge of BGP EVPN, Vxlan. (very important)
• Virtualization technologies VMware, VMware NSX, Microsoft hyperV, Nutanix and openstack. (not mandatory for all of these -basically data center experience)
• Working knowledge of Linux
• Integration of systems using APIs
• Previous work with mobile carriers desirable
• Work with customer project teams on design and PoC labs, setting criteria for successful PoCs etc
• Work with Product management and Engineering (Feature requests normal requirement but possibly stronger need in Ericsson)
• Tenacity and perseverance (customer advocate facing internally to Extreme)
• Ability to build, develop, and maintain a network of people at the customer/partner side independent of sales being accepted as the trusted advisor
• When growing the business the willingness to assume a team-lead role for the account team when/if business requires additional resources.
• Service Provider Market and direct sales engineering experience is ideal with emphasis on verticals of Mobile and cloud DC. With experience of working with/for large (prefer global) organizations.
• Experience working with Channel is a plus for technical training on products. Major account experience and experience in closing deals is necessary.
• Extreme Networks certifications is desirable, but not mandatory
• Recognized certification from a major vendor is a plus
• Strong Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet LAN switching and routing technical skills
• Ability to demonstrate a broad knowledge of key protocols and technologies, such as MPLS, Routing Protocols, Ethernet and Wireless Technologies
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of future trends and market directions
• A sound knowledge with Layers 2-7 of the OSI model along with strong data communication network design experience
• A good understanding of two or more of the following networking technologies:
• Network Access Control (NAC)
• Voice/Data Convergence
• Wireless LAN
• SDN OpenFlow/OpenStack/VXLAN
• IPv4/v6 Routing Protocols (RIPv1/v2/v3, OSPFv2/v3, VRRP, MPLS, BGP, PIM, etc.)
• Layer2/3 Switching (802.1Q, 802.1D, 801.x, Policy)
• Experience in Virtualization and Cloud computing would also be very desirable
• Understanding programming languages and scripting (Python/TCL) is a plus, previous education in software development is very desirable.
• Ability to support customer evaluations, demonstrations and detailed design requirements
• Good general hands-on lab experience is required
• Domestic/International travel will be required