The successful candidate should possess proven leadership and management skills in the field of education. They should have a passion for academic excellence and for international education. The new Dean of Students should be able to communicate effectively and collaborate with students, faculty, administrative and support staff, and parents. Under the guidance of the MS/HS Vice Principal primary key areas are:
• Oversee the school educational instruction; make recommendations when needed.
• Work with members of the team on matters and issues such as, teaching & learning, special services, classroom set-up, displays and etc.
• Budget school time to provide for the efficient conduct of instruction.
• Maintain high standards of student conduct, and enforce discipline as necessary, affording appropriate due process to students and parents.
• Establish positive guides for proper student conduct and the maintaining of fair, consistent behavior policies and implementation.
• Supervise the maintenance of accurate records on student progress
• Conduct staff training and meetings as necessary for the proper functioning of the school.
• Assume responsibility for the school in the absence of the MS/HS Vice Principal.
• Assume responsibility for the safety and administration of school policy.
• Keep the MS/HS Vice Principal informed of the school s programs, activities and concerns
• Respond to written, oral, and electronic requests for information from appropriate sources.
• Assume an active role or serve as a member of school committees as necessary.
• Assist in organizing all activities and programs.
• Work with members of the staff to design meaningful ways to monitor the implementation of improvement programs and strategies.
• Keep abreast of educational changes and developments by attending meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
• Orient newly assigned teachers and staff members and assist in their development, as appropriate.
• Participate in the in-service orientation and training of staff.
• Bachelor Degree from a recognized University preferably in the US due to American Curriculum being used
• Master Degree in Education or Leadership Administration preferably in the US
• A TEACHING LICENSE for Middle-High School grades from a US university preferably
• Must have excellent English Communication Skills and could pass an IELTS at level 7.5
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with student behaviour issues and liaise with parents effectively
• Must show initiative and able to demonstrate how you have made a difference in effecting change in previous schools
• Minimum 6 years experience as a High School teacher
• Minimum 4 years Supervisory experience at High School level
• Excellent skills in communicating and collaborating with staff and parents
• Excellent skills in supervising and evaluating staff
• Use data and benchmarks to monitor progress in student learning and support and facilitate colleagues in this.
• Bring an imaginative approach to solving problems and be a good communicator, while working cooperatively with those of differing views